Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trevor Francis RIP

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Wasn’t there a story back in the day that Cloughie refused to pay £1M and the actual transfer was £999,999 or something?

Anyhow, RIP Trev 🥲
It was something along the lines of "I didn't want him to have the pressure of being the first £1m footballer, so we made sure I paid £1 less."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow, gobsmacked. Very young to pass, lost my Dad at that age.

yet another one gone that makes me fee (realise I am) getting on a bit
I was thinking the same thing. 69 is no age at all, and of a heart attack.
Very sad news.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Genuinely shocked

RIP

Very sad. Heart attacks are a lottery, right place and right time you generally survive I think? Quick treatment Is the key.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm really upset to hear this news.

I was born in Solihull and my Dad who was a huge Blues fan took me to St. Andrews on the day that 16 year old Francis made his debut. I guess it was 1969 or 70. He was nimble of foot, quick and a wonderful finisher.

I had the 'penguin' replica shirt - and got my mum to cut out the number 8 from an old white bed sheet and sew it on the back.

Who remembers MOTD when Birmingham played at Leicester on a frozen pitch and Francis scored 3 or 4 (playing alongside Kenny Burns)

50 odd caps for England too.

Very sad, RIP Trevor.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I'm really upset to hear this news.

I was born in Solihull and my Dad who was a huge Blues fan took me to St. Andrews on the day that 16 year old Francis made his debut. I guess it was 1969 or 70. He was nimble of foot, quick and a wonderful finisher.

I had the 'penguin' replica shirt - and got my mum to cut out the number 8 from an old white bed sheet and sew it on the back.

Who remembers MOTD when Birmingham played at Leicester on a frozen pitch and Francis scored 3 or 4 (playing alongside Kenny Burns)

50 odd caps for England too.

Very sad, RIP Trevor.
I have several Blues family connections too. Actually in that 6-2 game against Leicester he only scored once but it won goal of the season, which he had won the previous season against QPR too.

RIP Trev.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Genuinely shocked

RIP

Very sad. Heart attacks are a lottery, right place and right time you generally survive I think? Quick treatment Is the key.
Also surprised by this as he had previously had heart problems and these things once you get a second chance tend to be so closely monitored, I understood it was the reason he moved to Spain for a healthier lifestyle but I don’t know all the facts of course.

Jul 7, 2003
3/10/1990

Brighton 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday

Him and John Sheridan destroyed us at the Goldstone, probably the most one sided game I've seen.
First thing I thought of when I saw he had passed away - I was in the North Stand and you are quite right, he was totally brilliant that night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah. A sad day.

Re-visiting a chat I had on here about a clutch of players I will always associate Shoot magazine with.....Trevor was also one of them.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
RIP no age 69....remember we used to sing (but not believe it) Ward is better than Francis !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here