Travelodge, how hard can it be?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I payed with a debit card, as there was like £3 extra for credit card, so doing it the cheapest possible way has cost me in the long term.

Same with the train i brought an advance ticket which is also non-refundable.

don't worry too much about not taking their insurance, the T&C's are so limited I doubt you would have got anything back anyway.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I payed with a debit card, as there was like £3 extra for credit card, so doing it the cheapest possible way has cost me in the long term.

Same with the train i brought an advance ticket which is also non-refundable.

I would still go, your be fresh as a daisy for tomorrows game

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why don't you still go, just stay 1 extra night in B&B which will prob cost about £20? Assuming of course that you can take the extra day off work!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As others have said, if you are planning on going anyway and therefore paying for the second night, I'd have gone up today - could do a day out in Chester, head up into Snowdonia (beautiful when it's frosty) or of course just hit the pubs in Wrexham bright and early!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This is slightly different but I once had to change a booking I made with travelodge. Was charged a five pound admin fee online.Later complained that I felt it was unfair and after a few e mails got a refund. Always worth a try- even after the event. Just be persistant.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Would/could/should Annual Travel Insurance cover something like this?
Probably not - I thought mine would, but on reading the small print it is only for European travel OUTSIDE the UK.

It was very cheap though.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Probably not - I thought mine would, but on reading the small print it is only for European travel OUTSIDE the UK.

It was very cheap though.

I'm noticing a trend here: Cheap train tickets, cheap hotel room, cheap travel insurance...

the lowest price isn't usually the best value XD

I was gonna suggest travel insurance though, a decent policy will cover you for UK trips so if you've got an annual policy (and a lot of people may have it as part of a bank account without even realising that) check the terms to see if you can recover your costs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports