Travelodge, how hard can it be?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Tried changing my room that was booked for tonight to tomorrow but because its a 'saver rate' they refuse to change it! Can it be that hard too change too tomorrow? Also non-refundable so that was waste!

Sorry rant over..

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Think you are fighting a losing battle there chap. Whole point of paying the cheap rate means you give up the right to change/cancel it. Only chance you may have is if you explain the situation and get a sympathetic person on the blower.

Same will apply for your train tickets if you've bought the cheapo ones.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
I know :( i've tried the old sympathy vote, but not worked. I knew i was fighting a lost case but was worth a go..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even the cheap rooms have an option of cancellation insurance for a couple of quid, don't they?

We all tend to think "I won't need that - what's the worst that can happen"...

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Even the cheap rooms have an option of cancellation insurance for a couple of quid, don't they?

Yes it did indeed for £1.50, but thought won't be needing that :facepalm:

Not sure if that covered football rearrangements but i'll never know, ah well if we win tomorrow i'm sure it'll all be forgotten :albion2:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Yes they do £1.50 per room. I always take the insurance out for the price of half a pint well worth it!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Feel for the OP - I would never bother with the insurance either but my wife is a natural born pessimist and always makes me take it out. Unfortunately you have quite cheered me up that perhaps I'm not always wasting my money as it might just happen to me.

Just a small thought................................ did you pay with a credit card and might you be able to get something back that way - probably not but maybe worth asking the question?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Feel for the OP - I would never bother with the insurance either but my wife is a natural born pessimist and always makes me take it out. Unfortunately you have quite cheered me up that perhaps I'm not always wasting my money as it might just happen to me.

Just a small thought................................ did you pay with a credit card and might you be able to get something back that way - probably not but maybe worth asking the question?

Why should you get anything back ? It's not the hotels fault , they have supplied the room and the OP has decided not to stay there so loses the money. Cut and dry which is why you shouldn't book non refundable hotels or train tickets for football matches these days.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tried changing my room that was booked for tonight to tomorrow but because its a 'saver rate' they refuse to change it! Can it be that hard too change too tomorrow? Also non-refundable so that was waste!

How hard can it be to understand what "non-refundable" means?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that Travel Lodge didnt take the money from the card until you checked in and you had until either 1pm or 4pm on the day to cancel. Thern just book another room tomorrow or is it different with a deal.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Feel for the OP - Just a small thought................................ did you pay with a credit card and might you be able to get something back that way - probably not but maybe worth asking the question?

I payed with a debit card, as there was like £3 extra for credit card, so doing it the cheapest possible way has cost me in the long term.

Same with the train i brought an advance ticket which is also non-refundable.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I payed with a debit card, as there was like £3 extra for credit card, so doing it the cheapest possible way has cost me in the long term.

Same with the train i brought an advance ticket which is also non-refundable.

Bummer! - Let's just hope we win tomorrow

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Thought that Travel Lodge didnt take the money from the card until you checked in and you had until either 1pm or 4pm on the day to cancel. Thern just book another room tomorrow or is it different with a deal.

Different with the saver rate, n they took the money out a couple of days after booking.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who would have thought an evening match in north wales in the middle of January on a lower league pitch could be called off!?

Mild winter has us all fooled!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who would have thought an evening match in north wales in the middle of January on a lower league pitch could be called off!?

Mild winter has us all fooled!

Maybe, but did anyone even consider there was a chance of this game not being played before yesterday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports