Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers

Jimmy Grimble

They ruin the greens at Hollingbury golf course when they send their flid childen out on their mini-moped things.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Having had to deal with the shits at school and in local pubs I can say with conviction that they are all, seemingly without exception a bunch of c**ts. They leave a mess, show absolutely no regard for their temporary neighbours and make little or no effort to control their feral, jug eared little failed abortions of children.

Sorry, i'm generally liberal but I have had too man bad experiences with the Diddy Coy and would be more than happy if we shipped them all out to their own little island where they can fight, inbreed and tarmac each others drives to their hearts content.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There is a an unofficial camp near about a mile or two from here. A traveller bought it as farm land and since then it has now become a camp even though it's not supposed to be. The local council have and continue to challenge the occupants. Whilst nobody can say whether they are making a mess or not (because it's a no go zone) the local crime rate has shot up. Of course that could just be a coincidence. It's little wonder that they are so despised, whist some are decent a lot are anything but. What annoys me is that they want all public services they hardly pay a penny in any form of tax.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I know someone who used to have a contract with the City Council to clear up travellers' sites when they were vacated. He certainly never made "thousands" out of this work.

And, as Durlston says, some occupations of land are relatively tidy.
I'm sure you would welcome them with open arms should they pitch up in the delightful village of Firle, say the cricket ground?

Electrik Blue

Jun 12, 2007
Theres a load more in a field just before the traffic lights at the bottom of Coldean land, opposite Stanmer Park, they get everywhere:mad:

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
They ruin the greens at Hollingbury golf course when they send their flid childen out on their mini-moped things.

I feel sorry for the poor sods who try to look after the golf course with this lot about . just wish they bugger off to be quite honest:angry:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There is nothing wrong with gypsies/travellers
................................................that a hundred gallons of aviation fuel and a flamethrower wouldnt put right.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I know someone who used to have a contract with the City Council to clear up travellers' sites when they were vacated. He certainly never made "thousands" out of this work.

And, as Durlston says, some occupations of land are relatively tidy.

What about the barriers that they angle ground to get access ? you know the ones put there to stop them getting in ?
they will have to be dug out, new bought are re cemented back in, you don't get all that for a few £100.
And of course the green areas to be re seeded.
Its not just rubbish clearance.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The Police removed 60 tv's from them on Friday, following complaints that they had boxed up old and broken tv's and were selling them "cheap" to Saps who thought they were getting a bargain!

"Saps" that is a very old derogatory term ???

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
:US:
What about the barriers that they angle ground to get access ? you know the ones put there to stop them getting in ?
they will have to be dug out, new bought are re cemented back in, you don't get all that for a few £100.
And of course the green areas to be re seeded.
Its not just rubbish clearance.

The barriers at Hollingdean / Hollingbury golf course area have never been closed in the 3 years that they've been sitting there ?????

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The law only seems to be applied/upheld against the generally law abiding folk. If we decided to pitch up a tent or caravan in wild park ,preston park or whereever we would be moved within hours and fined.... now change that scenario to travellers and pikeys you can guarantee they won't be touched for weeks because of the civil rights with no chance of recompense being charged for all the crap they leave behind...

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Whether they are make a mess or not is not the point, THEY ARE TRESPASSERS,and should be treated as such.The reason that they are a regular problem is due to the lack of action by the council,as soon as a number of them are gathered they should be dealt with,also they have a number of sites which are used over and over again,these sites could be made much more difficult to gain access to.
If their vehicles were checked for road tax and valid MOT certificates and towed away I am sure they would become less of a problem in the future

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
They've been stopping at Hollingbury for as long as I can remember. Went to primary school there in the 90's and they were always in the field. Probably enjoying a good view of Falmer from up there now!

And looking on all of that lovely steel, I foresee a few bits ending up down the scrapyard!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here