Travellers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
Anybody else seen the large amount of travellers in the field below Hollingbury golf course?? looks like a caravan convention!:US:

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
They've been up there for weeks now , can't quite believe that the council have'nt kicked them out yet.:rant:

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
They were all over east Brighton area not so long ago

I had to go up to the Whitehawk fc ground last week and you should see the mess that these people have left behind. It will cost thousands to clear up and the same at Hollingbury when they are finally moved on.
Then they will go back to East Brighton park and the process will start again.
The law has got to be changed, but you will never find a local MP with the balls to do anything about it.
Makes me so angry :angry:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Also on the Lewes Road between falmer and Coldean lane and again at the entrance to Wild Park.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I had to go up to the Whitehawk fc ground last week and you should see the mess that these people have left behind. It will cost thousands to clear up and the same at Hollingbury when they are finally moved on.
Then they will go back to East Brighton park and the process will start again.
The law has got to be changed, but you will never find a local MP with the balls to do anything about it.
Makes me so angry :angry:

I never got this. What exactly will cost thousands?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I never got this. What exactly will cost thousands?

You go over there and look at the shit that they have left behind. Piles and piles of it and that cost money. Council vans , fuel, workmen and the cost to dump it and this is happening dozens of times a year all over the brighton area.

Do you think this clear up is free.

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
They've been stopping at Hollingbury for as long as I can remember. Went to primary school there in the 90's and they were always in the field. Probably enjoying a good view of Falmer from up there now!

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
First arrivals were ok and caused no mess,sadly the scum have turned up and trashed the place,a shame that what ever they do some prick will defend them.

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
First arrivals were ok and caused no mess,sadly the scum have turned up and trashed the place,a shame that what ever they do some prick will defend them.

Exactly how long does it take the council to get them to move on?? the first lot turned up well over a month ago and now more and more just seem to be setting up camp, :rant: they leave shit everywhere and cause havoc and then wonder why no one likes them !!!:US:

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
To clear up the rubbish they leave behind and literally the shit they also leave. Scum the lot of them.

No, not all of them. Some are actually quite considerate and clean up when they leave. Sweeping generalizations. All Millwall fans are thugs and BNP voters are racist too eh?:shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I know someone who used to have a contract with the City Council to clear up travellers' sites when they were vacated. He certainly never made "thousands" out of this work.

And, as Durlston says, some occupations of land are relatively tidy.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I know someone who used to have a contract with the City Council to clear up travellers' sites when they were vacated. He certainly never made "thousands" out of this work.

And, as Durlston says, some occupations of land are relatively tidy.

Like Denmark vs the Poland experience perhaps.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If they are tavellers, how come they stop and stick around long enough to make such a mess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports