Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Travel To Manchester Tomorrow

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands

Anyone planning on going by train via Derby / Sheffield tomorrow - line flooded and as still chucking it down in East Midlands at minute will be at best severely disrupted service tomorrow - or worst case no trains again

Is a bit of the track between Derby and Chesterfield that is normally still an issue, even if rest of line OK

Might be fixtures but couldn't see this anywhere else

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Anyone planning on going by train via Derby / Sheffield tomorrow - line flooded and as still chucking it down in East Midlands at minute will be at best severely disrupted service tomorrow - or worst case no trains again

Is a bit of the track between Derby and Chesterfield that is normally still an issue, even if rest of line OK

Might be fixtures but couldn't see this anywhere else
I’ve edited the title to a general travel thread for tomorrow. With more storms forecast overnight I suspect that rail and road could be issues unfortunately.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Personally don't think I will bother attempting it .. have been stuck on a train between Derby and Chesterfield before when all flooded ... trouble is even when it finally stops raining all the rivers levels round here re Trent and Derwent are forecast to break all past records late tomorrow

Going by road on motorways I suspect will be OK, apart from all the usual nutters driving far too fast for the conditions ...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's been raining heavily here since about 10pm last night. 🤣 Annoyingly I was up at the airport watching the landings and left 5 minutes before the "de-runway".

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Forecast for tomorrow isn't too bad, it just might be a problem for certain areas on the way there. Most problems seem to be around the Cheaterfield / Sheffield area.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Rotherham was off tonight re flooding near ground

Mansfield inspection at 9am tomorrow re same issue, flooding re ground

Can't see Man City ground or anywhere nearby being flooded

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just driven up. Left Brighton just before 1. Got to Beaconsfield services by 2.30. Things slowed down before Birmingham where the roadworks and weather took its toll. Leg to Manchester very slow too. Arrived in Sale at 8.15

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bus into town. Tram to Empihad. Rain is no more than normal Manc drizzle.
Don't think Manchester itself will be anywhere near the issue, looking at the forecast and what's happened today.

Problem will be if traffic is re-routed to the M6 earlier on from closed roads or other road problems in the midlands, plus if staff who work for the railway can't get to work in the morning.

It would just seem sensible to allow a little extra time for travel if you can and keep an eye on this thread.

A lot of football in the north, the midlands and Scotland will be off tomorrow though.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Tomorrow might be ok, but it's rained solidly here since early this morning, and is still coming down. There are stories of flooding in the Midlands.

Met Office for Manchester City below

1697834480720.png

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Just driven up. Left Brighton just before 1. Got to Beaconsfield services by 2.30. Things slowed down before Birmingham where the roadworks and weather took its toll. Leg to Manchester very slow too. Arrived in Sale at 8.15
We also drove up this afternoon, took 6hrs but glad we did it as the train option could be painful tomorrow. And I get a chance to take my lad to the National Football Museum in the morning for bonus Dad Points.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Never known a night quite like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here