Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel subsidy [NOT] being scrapped for next season?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The travel subsidy is , according to PB, currently only half passed onto fans in the form of the price of tickets/season tickets.
PS: For those that actually believe this "story" then interested in what on earth are the sensible alternatives you imagine the club have cooked up to get everyone to the Amex and back on train, park and ride etc.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
In fact I'm sure they marketed it as a zero increase in season ticket prices that season, but added the £50 travel supplement. So if they reduce the "subsidy" I would expect my season ticket to be £50 cheaper next season.

It was, no price increase but the travel subsidy was increased to £50, only a couple of weeks after that the club to announced that the football specials from Hangleton, Roittingdean etc. would be removed, supporters were told to use park and ride or public transport.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Well that's going to bugger me up for next season. Very much hope they're not removing the subsidy.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
if you buy a match day ticket - do you get the travel subsidy? or do you have to pay?

i've got a season ticket so dont pay to travel, but if they removed subsidy & i had to pay, i may be tempted to just buy match day tickets & just go to the games i can actually attend

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This has been a long time coming as the club loses £1 million + a season...Great for the many thousands that pay but don't use and this was always going to happen.

The ST's should be reduced though:)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
if you buy a match day ticket - do you get the travel subsidy? or do you have to pay?

i've got a season ticket so dont pay to travel, but if they removed subsidy & i had to pay, i may be tempted to just buy match day tickets & just go to the games i can actually attend

If you actually have the ticket then you can use it on the bus and the train to get 'free' travel. Obviously if you're picking up from the ground on match day then you just have to hope the driver / guard is feeling generous.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This has been a long time coming as the club loses £1 million + a season...Great for the many thousands that pay but don't use and this was always going to happen.

The ST's should be reduced though:)

Who are the many thousands that "don't pay". Who travels to the Amex on a Saturday but doesn't have a ticket ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I were the club this is just the kind of story I'd introduce 24 hours before subscription.

Get everyone fearing the worst, then the bitter pill of change nothing won't seem so bitter.

Paranoid conjecture.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Do we know what the cost of the club is to travel companies? Based on ave attendances of 25000, supporters pay £1.25m a year for the travel supplement, so what is the short fall?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Who are the many thousands that "don't pay". Who travels to the Amex on a Saturday but doesn't have a ticket ?

he must mean the people who travel by car, bike or walk - as they have to pay but dont get the benefit

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't see it, the club are trying to reduce people arriving by car and taking away the subsidy isn't going to help that aim. Bit confused why a bloke manning the gate at burgess hill would have that sort of information at this stage, think there might have been something lost in the conversation!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
if the subsidy goes the price of a season ticket will be reduced accordingly.

Barber is hardly going to shoot himself in the foot with this massive gaffe ........is he?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No idea if this is true or not, and I am sure that we shall find out soon.

I should think that, generally speaking, those not using something they presently fund eg. disabled fans using their own transport, cyclists, drop-offs, free job-related travel subsidies etc etc will be pleased at any such change.

If the reduction is pro rata then won't make any difference bottom line, will it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here