Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Pedro
Milner
Dahoud
Igor
Verbruggen

Were all bought in early.

It’s the nature of the beast I’m afraid, all part of the transfer window merry go round, none of us know what’s going on behind the scenes, how close we are to a few deals and what the position is with other clubs. Reality is lots of deals go down to the wire and if I was a betting man I wouldn’t put it past us to have 3 or 4 incomings in this final week.

Let’s pass judgement once the window closes.
None of them are the Caicedo replacement

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's right. We need at least two, if not three, to have a chance of getting above the mid table pack.

I still find it very odd that we didn't have the Caicedo replacement signed early in the window when we knew he was leaving one way or another, and before other clubs knew we had a massive stack of cash in the bank. To still not have a replacement two weeks on, given his importance to the team, is poor.

Obviously you can't be too critical of the club as we don't know the ins and outs of their transfer dealings, but I'm surprised we are seemingly content to go into next season consiserably weaker than last season.
Sorry, but do you not realise that if there was a Caicedo replacement out there we'd probably have gone for him? Chances are, there isn't - not just like for like anyway. Caicedo's gone - we have to learn to do something differently.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sorry, but do you not realise that if there was a Caicedo replacement out there we'd probably have gone for him? Chances are, there isn't - not just like for like anyway. Caicedo's gone - we have to learn to do something differently.

Dahoud isn't a Caicedo replacement, not even close- he is a Mac Allister replacement. Baleba also looks more Mwepu than Caicedo.

Doesn't necessarily have to be of the same quality, as obviously that's going to be bordering on impossible, but just someone to do the dirty work.
:shrug:

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
This is the quote from the beeb:
"It's not my business, I want to think only of my job. My job is to be a coach, give organisation and ideas. We have to understand that we have the target, fix the target, and then we can speak about everything."
I guess that is open to many interpretations. I'm sure signing Baleba will help.
Don’t see anything there that suggests he’s upset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here