Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer window

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
RDZ didn't sound very happy about our business in this window, sounded like he felt let down by the club in the after match interview

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
RDZ didn't sound very happy about our business in this window, sounded like he felt let down by the club in the after match interview
He was very clearly irritated and worryingly said that what he do this week will tell him what the clubs targets are for the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was very clearly irritated and worryingly said that what he do this week will tell him what the clubs targets are for the season.
I hope he’s not going all Gus, although I fear when it ends it will be similar. These bloody Latins :smile:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It must be frustrating for him see the likes of West Ham reinvest all the money they received from Rice into the team whereas we have only spent a small percentage of the fees we’ve received in the last couple of years.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is the quote from the beeb:
"It's not my business, I want to think only of my job. My job is to be a coach, give organisation and ideas. We have to understand that we have the target, fix the target, and then we can speak about everything."
I guess that is open to many interpretations. I'm sure signing Baleba will help.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
RDZ will be fully aware of who and what we are targeting this week.

He will also have a huge say in that.

This misconception that he’s concerned about our recruitment is a load of bull.

The financials and terms are not his business and that ultimately drives who does and doesn’t come in. I fully trust those making those decisions as does RDZ I would suspect.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He's right. We need at least two, if not three, to have a chance of getting above the mid table pack.

I still find it very odd that we didn't have the Caicedo replacement signed early in the window when we knew he was leaving one way or another, and before other clubs knew we had a massive stack of cash in the bank. To still not have a replacement two weeks on, given his importance to the team, is poor.

Obviously you can't be too critical of the club as we don't know the ins and outs of their transfer dealings, but I'm surprised we are seemingly content to go into next season consiserably weaker than last season.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He's right. We need at least two, if not three, to have a chance of getting above the mid table pack.

I still find it very odd that we didn't have the Caicedo replacement signed early in the window when we knew he was leaving one way or another, and before other clubs knew we had a massive stack of cash in the bank. To still not have a replacement two weeks on, given his importance to the team, is poor.

Obviously you can't be too critical of the club as we don't know the ins and outs of their transfer dealings, but I'm surprised we are seemingly content to go into next season consiserably weaker than last season.
We signed a DM at the start of the transfer window. Looks like we are about to sign another one too. Caicedo was always going to be extremely difficult to replace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here