Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Good point, well made.

Although for me, KTF is not necessarily about believing that everything will come up roses. We're Brighton. It never has and likely never will. It's more about the journey being more relaxing if you make yourself think that the driver knows where he's going and how to get there.

I used to feel like that, then I installed the Uber app....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
In all seriousness, what actually ARE our options if Maupay breaks his leg in the first league game back?

Are we able to recall any of our 3/4 loanee strikers on an emergency basis?

Don’t worry , mark by the sea says Origi is SINGING

However , just incase he’s wrong, keep your boots clean and by the front door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m not surprised we haven’t signed a striker. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don’t worry , mark by the sea says Origi is SINGING

However , just incase he’s wrong, keep your boots clean and by the front door

If I’m given as much time and space as they get in the Dutch league, I’ll be fine. Also I will need to come off after 6 minutes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In all seriousness, what actually ARE our options if Maupay breaks his leg in the first league game back?

Are we able to recall any of our 3/4 loanee strikers on an emergency basis?

I think the answer is no, but your original question applies to a number of clubs:

Brentford: Toney
Norwich: Pukki
Newcastle: Wilson
Watford: King
Wolves: Jiminez
Burnley: Wood
Leeds: Bamford

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If I’m given as much time and space as they get in the Dutch league, I’ll be fine. Also I will need to come off after 6 minutes.

That’s longer than we’d get from Sturridge :lol:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just very hard to understand we let Ziqiri and Andone go and keep Connolly. A very big gamble by club. As I said in another post will be hard to accept if one of forward players loaned out scores loads and we continue ti fire blanks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I just don’t understand.

Connolly?

I mean, what more do the management need to see?

The pressure is very much on him now. If he doesn’t put the next sitter in the net, the crowd will turn on him and that will be the end.

Given our tendency not to sign strikers and to send the ones we do (or have) out on loan, we have just put him 100% in the spotlight. Very high risk on many counts.

I pray that Maupay and Wellbeck stay fit and keep scoring.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just don’t understand.

Connolly?

I mean, what more do the management need to see?

The pressure is very much on him now. If he doesn’t put the next sitter in the net, the crowd will turn on him and that will be the end.

Given our tendency not to sign strikers and to send the ones we do (or have) out on loan, we have just put him 100% in the spotlight. Very high risk on many counts.

I pray that Maupay and Wellbeck stay fit and keep scoring.

Connolly’s current game is based on getting in behind CB’s from a perfectly executed ball through the middle.

Unfortunately EPL CB’s and sweeper-keepers seem annoyingly very switched-on to that type of threat, the space just disappears, even if the perfect ball is played.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
James Tilley joining Dorking on loan.

Who said transfer deadline day, or Tuesday as we could call it, isnt exciting?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not been mentioned before, I don't think - but here seems the best place to do it. SSN have plonked reporters all over the shop to report the (mostly non-) news as it's gone through today. The lass standing outside Lancing actually seemed to have done her homework, and reported the events of the day well - so, well done her. OK, it's her job - but so many don't seem to do any research or just trot out memes that they think are clever(!) but she knew her stuff and didn't talk guff. Credit where it's due and all that.

Edit: Gail Davis, apparantly (I just paid a bit more attention this time they went to her!)

Last edited:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Sorry for leaving early. Train to catch and it’s a school night. See you in January and hope the wedding goes well.��

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Connolly’s current game is based on getting in behind CB’s from a perfectly executed ball through the middle.

Unfortunately EPL CB’s and sweeper-keepers seem annoyingly very switched-on to that type of threat, the space just disappears, even if the perfect ball is played.

Not really. He has good movement and gets himself in loads of great goalscoring positions. He just can't finish to save his life at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here