Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Have I missed something. Did we pay out £7Million upwards for a 6ft 2 striker who is most likely better then Connolly, and then loan him out to bloody stoke City. :facepalm:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That must be it now. If we were doing anything else then some details would have leaked from somewhere, even if it was just a rumour

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Definitely reaching that stage of the night.

On the other hand, The Guardian / Sky Sports and so on barely mentioned Cucarella before he signed today and were clearly not aware that he had arrived to England yesterday (as revealed by NSC). So if there is anywhere things are going to happen quietly, its probably here.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Have I missed something. Did we pay out £7Million upwards for a striker who is most likely better then Connolly, and then loan him out to bloody stoke City. :facepalm:

No. This is what happened. Then the club wheel out Dan A to try and quell the obvious accusations of the club being rather silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
No. This is what happened. Then the club wheel out Dan A to try and quell the obvious accusations of the club being rather silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, The club really will look so stupid, if this is the plan without getting a striker in.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Number 2 makes you sound entitled.

Why should any owner/CEO come out and explain their thinking behind a transfer window?

Transfer and catering are completely different aspects of the club.

Catering is providing a service for the fans on a match day whilst they moan they don't have a striker.

I am sure PB will go into detail at the fans forum. If not Peter from Eastbourne will nail him.

Agree catering and transfers are two totally separate things but there are similarities in the waiting times and end product!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
There’s no doubt about how well run our club is but pretty much every team in the league now has rich foreign owners so we just can’t compete in the transfer market. We just have to hope that having an excellent manager means our cheaper signings develop into Premier League quality players who can keep us in the league. It’s just about worked so far but I can’t see anyway we’ll ever finish higher than the bottom 5.

Even FC Umbro are spending

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Naylor is not ITK

Don't say that. I'd decided on an early night. Now I'll be staying up until eleven with a couple of large Jim Beams and probably going to bed more pissed off than I am now!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Are we the bloke dashing down the local Esso just before closing on Christmas Eve desperate for a pressie for the missus, or have we thought "**** it - I can't be arsed any more" and have flaked out on the sofa with a crate of Stella?

Estrella Shirley

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Crazy…..
It seems Madrid we’re willing to pay PSG €220 million for Mbappe, but the French side didn’t get back to them.
€220 million for a player they can get for nothing in January. How on earth can that be correct?

Doesn't matter a jot to Madrid. They are quite happy to continue spending the Spanish government's money whilst bleating about how it's unfair that they haven't a bigger share of the pie. I hate that club and would not miss them if they went bust.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Have I missed something. Did we pay out £7Million upwards for a 6ft 2 striker who is most likely better then Connolly, and then loan him out to bloody stoke City. :facepalm:

Yes, and honestly while many may not like it this is clearly how the club are trying to punch above their weight.
Acclimatization to English football almost always seems to take at least a season, even with "proven" footballers from other leagues. So from that perspective sensible.
A decent championship striker starts around £15million and can reach double that.
So yes we've signed a striker with the right profile for the club that we hope will develop for £7million.
Worst case he stinks and we go about recouping what we can on wages and loan fees.
Passable case he seems ok but not looking like he'll ever be PL quality, gets bought by championship club recouping transfer fee plus a little.
Better case he looks good in championship but still not quite good enough. Another season out on loan though with a decent fee involved or gets sold £12million plus.
Good case he looks mustard and we have to choose between joining first team and taking £25-30million.
Best case. Ben White but a striker. Hopefully stays with us more than a season and doesn't go to a fallen giant for massive fee even though they could have bought a different one of our forwards for less money that would have been more what they needed.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It is definitely strange isn't it?
In the week we loan out the likes of Karbow, Zeqiri and Khadra we sign another young attacking player for £7 million. And the loan him out too!
I get it- i get the tactic (although the only player we've actually sold for a profit we signed on a free) but surely, SURELY, if we have such a thorough scouting network, surely we can get in a semi decent forward? Just someone better than Locadia and a bit more focussed that Connolly. Can't be that bloody hard?

(just watch Edouard score against us btw)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here