[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Cant wait for Paul Barbers spin statement tonight and then Potter saying he is happy with the players he already has, Potter has been let down big time but is a good loyal man who will not make a fuss.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Cant wait for Paul Barbers spin statement tonight and then Potter saying he is happy with the players he already has, Potter has been let down big time but is a good loyal man who will not make a fuss.

I’d be a bit miffed if I was Graham, I’m sure he was hoping for something, we all were… especially following the raft of departures. Departures that suggested something BIG or at least something errrr anything.

The current striker list, well… It’s as risky as it is bizarre and to me it’s nothing short of mystifying.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
I’d be a bit miffed if I was Graham, I’m sure he was hoping for something, we all were… especially following the raft of departures. Departures that suggested something BIG or at least something errrr anything.

The current striker list, well… It’s as risky as it is bizarre and to me it’s nothing short of mystifying.

Kosh ,Man we need one of your poems /riddles to explain this !!!

But in all seriousness what will we do if Maupay breaks his leg in the next game and is out for the season . It is crazy by the club and lets Potter down. The man is so loyal that even if the club sold the whole first team he would not moan and try to see the positives

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Kosh ,Man we need one of your poems /riddles to explain this !!!

But in all seriousness what will we do if Maupay breaks his leg in the next game and is out for the season . It is crazy by the club and lets Potter down. The man is so loyal that even if the club sold the whole first team he would not moan and try to see the positives

He will, because he’s a gent and a pro.

Maybe it’s time, yes it’s time for a poem.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Now I think we're past the time when something new is going to occur... the names that have been rumoured for different clubs all day long may or may not be finalised but I dont think any new names will be thrown into the mix, other than some loan outgoings here and there.

You said:

Miserable g1t. Where’s your commitment to diversity?

Where is the bit I am meant to laugh at?

Swansman does bother me.

Probably the "diversity" part as most of us in here - British or Swedish doesnt matter - are fat, white, horny and strung-out western men.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Now I think we're past the time when something new is going to occur... the names that have been rumoured for different clubs all day long may or may not be finalised but I dont think any new names will be thrown into the mix, other than some loan outgoings here and there.

Probably the "diversity" part as most of us in here - British or Swedish doesnt matter - are fat, white, horny and strung-out western men.

Talking about yourself again -I am only one of those on your list

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's frustrating that we didn't get the Cruyff to play in front of all of our total footballers, but we'll only know whether that was what was needed as the season progresses. Yes, the received wisdom has been that we are a clinical finisher away from being a very good side, but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

The addition of another left sided wing back looked a necessity on Saturday's showing. The game that Potter wants to play has to pick up in pace. The model, Man City under Guardiola, always look at their most toothless when the opposition sits deep and the passing slows. If Lamptey returns to his previous levels and Cucu comes anywhere near to matching him, space in advanced areas will be more common and the chances created for the attacking players should subsequently be better chances than those not converted last year.

I have to agree with the Sky reporter at the training ground today when she said that retaining Bis was the best business we could have done this summer. After his performance against City at the end of last season, I really thought he would be gone. At present, his strength and recovery skills are essential to the risks we want to take.

Good to see the wage bill reduced and the squad trimmed. I'm happy that the young strikers have been found places to get game time. I think that Zeqiri shows great promise, but needs this. There is a risk that injuries mean that the longer term planning may backfire, but everything is a risk and, if Aaron Connolly is ever going to step to the next level, he needs to be given the chance to play a bigger part in a Premier League season.

As Micky always said 'Keep The Faith.'

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You said:

Miserable g1t. Where’s your commitment to diversity?

Where is the bit I am meant to laugh at?

Swansman does bother me.

Apologies. It was inended to be just a vaguely ridiculous and light-hearted statement.

If it was intended to be taken seriously, it would have been a bit stronger or obviously critical than "miserable g1t".

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's frustrating that we didn't get the Cruyff to play in front of all of our total footballers, but we'll only know whether that was what was needed as the season progresses. Yes, the received wisdom has been that we are a clinical finisher away from being a very good side, but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

The addition of another left sided wing back looked a necessity on Saturday's showing. The game that Potter wants to play has to pick up in pace. The model, Man City under Guardiola, always look at their most toothless when the opposition sits deep and the passing slows. If Lamptey returns to his previous levels and Cucu comes anywhere near to matching him, space in advanced areas will be more common and the chances created for the attacking players should subsequently be better chances than those not converted last year.

I have to agree with the Sky reporter at the training ground today when she said that retaining Bis was the best business we could have done this summer. After his performance against City at the end of last season, I really thought he would be gone. At present, his strength and recovery skills are essential to the risks we want to take.

Good to see the wage bill reduced and the squad trimmed. I'm happy that the young strikers have been found places to get game time. I think that Zeqiri shows great promise, but needs this. There is a risk that injuries mean that the longer term planning may backfire, but everything is a risk and, if Aaron Connolly is ever going to step to the next level, he needs to be given the chance to play a bigger part in a Premier League season.

As Micky always said 'Keep The Faith.'

Yes Micky always said that, then he was sacked as we languished in the league one relegation zone. :lolol:

probably posted elsewhere but just in case...from bbc transfer news page

Odsonne Edouard to Crystal Palace has been rumbling on all day.

Not had any updates on that for the last couple of hours.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It’s got so bad , I’m still pinning my hopes on Phallic Carrot putting pen to paper .

I’ll take anybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In all seriousness, what actually ARE our options if Maupay breaks his leg in the first league game back?

Are we able to recall any of our 3/4 loanee strikers on an emergency basis?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yes Micky always said that, then he was sacked as we languished in the league one relegation zone. :lolol:

Good point, well made.

Although for me, KTF is not necessarily about believing that everything will come up roses. We're Brighton. It never has and likely never will. It's more about the journey being more relaxing if you make yourself think that the driver knows where he's going and how to get there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports