[Football] Transfer Deadline Day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We are half way there. A striker by the close of play tonight and we've done well.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I want deadline day done and I can get back on with my life, I've worn out my screen protector checking for the latest transfer news every 3 minutes since the window opened.

Same here - my concentration and output plummets every August :lolol:

Plus I always end up disappointed that we fail to sign the striker we've needed for the last four seasons - not including those youngsters 'for the future' we send straight out on loan - and the manager says "we're happy with the players we have" :mad:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Watching BBC news with my Dad a couple of weeks ago when they went live to Paris for the Messi press conference. It just made me laugh as a young Arab billionaire told the world he had just bought his new best friend 'Messi!' I buzzed on my contempt for the rich shallow tw*t!
As for Cucurella, my ten year old thought he sounds like Manuel from Fawlty towers.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
We are half way there. A striker by the close of play tonight and we've done well.

What if the striker is a youngster 'for the future' who's sent straight out on loan for the season?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Chelsea are the leaders in the use of their academy as a means of fattening players for market, an approach that we are clearly seeking to emulate.

yes - I just looked at the blog on the official site - there are 28 transactions in this transfer window. OK, two of them are contract extensions (Webster and Taylor Richards), but the other 26 are all deals, mostly involving loan deals for developing players:

- Jenks
- Cochrane
- Clarke
- Longman
- Ostigard
- Weir
- Mitomi
- Molumby
- Zeqiri
- Karbownik
- van Hecke
- Walton

There's a few other in-coming youngsters (Jack Hinchy and Jeremy Sarmiento) and a few departures (Mlakar, Yapi). Not sure whether you count Tau as an academy player - but if we'd sorted a work permit, I'm sure he would have started in the academy.

A helluva collection!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
E-HZntGX0Ac1YT7.png

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
If we do not sign a quality striker (goals/age/reputation) in this window then serious questions should begin to be asked of the recruitment team.

I do not, and would not, question TBs commitment (impossible to do so really), but the failure to recruit a decent striker in their mid 20s for EIGHT years is a damning indictment of those tasked with providing our manager(s) with suitable resources.

If you think that we are in a bad situation then look at WetSpam as they will have just one centre-forward at thier disposal until January – the exceptional but injury-prone Michail Antonio.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If you think that we are in a bad situation then look at WetSpam as they will have just one centre-forward at thier disposal until January – the exceptional but injury-prone Michail Antonio.

Absolutely.

And we can't forget about poor old Pep with his one senior striker in his squad. I wish people would just take a bit of time to think of Man City!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Naylor suggesting no more "ins" other than Sima (who goes to Stoke), given up on Nunez

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Naylor suggesting no more "ins" other than Sima (who goes to Stoke), given up on Nunez

As long as there are no more First 25 outs, then I'm ok with that.

Striker would have been nice, but let's be honest, it hasn't looked likely for well over a week.
Nothing was going to change today.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Let’s see how much Arsenal want to keep Nkiteh, if Palace sign that bloke from Celtic then they are likely no longer interested and we should throw a cheeky £10m or a loan to buy offer at Arsenal. I’d take the same approach with Origi at Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports