Tranmere Rovers vs Brighton & Hove Albion 02/10/10 **Official Thread**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just got back in from the game.
We were all over them in the first half and could have been three up ... Barnes missed chances again and shot straight at the keeper when through.
By half time we were in control and looked good - Murray was outstanding, as was Dicker and Bennett... plus Dunk looked solid alongside Tommy.
We must have had 70% possession first half.
But second half they came at us and closed down our passing game.
They threatened our goal quite a bit and Angergren flapped quite a bit but kept them out.
Sparrow was a bit out of sorts and it seemed natural he was subbed.
Kish took control of midfield, but Sandazza was NOt impressive.
Lua Lua came on too late to have any effect.
1-1 was probably a fair result at the end.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, but Sandazza was NOt impressive.

Wasn't there today but what I've seen of him in the last two games at Withdean I was not vaguely impressed tbh. yes he scored but it was a fly hack from half a yard that even a lumbering central defender should have scored.

I know he's new, not match fit and learning the system but he looks like a journeyman lower league player so far imo. Barnes looks the much much better option to me and I hope Gus doesn't drop for him for Sandazza next week.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Wasn't there today but what I've seen of him in the last two games at Withdean I was not vaguely impressed tbh. yes he scored but it was a fly hack from half a yard that even a lumbering central defender should have scored.

I know he's new, not match fit and learning the system but he looks like a journeyman lower league player so far imo. Barnes looks the much much better option to me and I hope Gus doesn't drop for him for Sandazza next week.

Agree ... Barnes missed about four chances (including one he shot at the keeper) But he does create most of those chances himself and I think is an ideal foil for Murray.
Bridcutt and Dicker were both good, but think we needed Kish earlier as Sparrow seemed to give away a lot in midfield in the second half.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
game off 2 halves...but overall a good point and we are still top:bhasign:

Sorry but Gus doesnt agree with you! I'm with Gus on this, we drew a game we should have won based on the first half.

Poyet dismissed suggestions his side had picked up a handy point and said: "I think the feeling is we lost today.

"We don't take this as a valuable point, sorry about that.

"As a team, as a staff, I suppose the supporters as well, we don't take this as a point gained, not at all.

"That was probably one of the best ever chances you are going to have to come to Tranmere and be three or four up at half-time.

"We start with the referee giving a penalty and changing his opinion because no one on the pitch, not one Brighton player, realised it was a penalty.

"That's one chance. Then another two or three and the game is over.

"It doesn't matter what you do afterwards. It doesn't matter what Tranmere does because the game should be over by half-time."

He added: "If you take your chances when you are on top, the game is over.

"If you don't, any team in the world is going to put pressure on you because they have nothing to lose.

"Tranmere did well, credit to them, but I think were very lucky to have the chance in the last 20 or 30 minutes to get back in the game."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You have to love Gus and his take on things don't you? He does not accept mediocrity, how refreshing for the Albion and the fans.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
You have to love Gus and his take on things don't you? He does not accept mediocrity, how refreshing for the Albion and the fans.

Yes he doesn't mince his words that's for sure! Good not to lose but it was two points thrown away and you could tell he was pissed off with the second half performance and is none too happy with our three 'strikers'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports