Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seriously?

We didn't 'cope' on Boxing day at all. We 'coped' simply by way of many thousands of people who had bought tickets to the game, NOT attending it.

And that day we had all the usual car parking available, and there were no security concerns. The attendance for this, if it goes ahead at the scheduled time, could be shambolically depleted.

Yep. I'd be looking to move this to a midweek slot later in the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seriously?

We didn't 'cope' on Boxing day at all. We 'coped' simply by way of many thousands of people who had bought tickets to the game, NOT attending it.

And that day we had all the usual car parking available, and there were no security concerns. The attendance for this, if it goes ahead at the scheduled time, could be shambolically depleted.

That Boxing Day game was reportedly Seagulls Travel's busiest ever undertaking. A logistical nightmare trying to fit all those coaches into the coach park, and get them all out again in a timely and orderly manner. They pulled it off with APLOMB . But there were only 16,000 people or so at the Brentford match. Palace match will be nearly double that. No way will the buses/coaches cope with those numbers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't understand this. The game went ahead so, therefore, by definition we coped with the situation.

I'm not sure why you are choosing not to understand.

Of course the game was able to go ahead. Two teams and a hundred or so support staff is all they need for that - as evidenced during lockdown.

Selling 30,000 tickets, then putting on the game in circumstances that prevent almost half of those ticket holders attending the event they'd paid for, is really not 'coping', by any definition.

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
Anyone thinking this game goes ahead with no parking or trains is deluded. If it does, God help those who let it happen.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
That Boxing Day game was reportedly Seagulls Travel's busiest ever undertaking. A logistical nightmare trying to fit all those coaches into the coach park, and get them all out again in a timely and orderly manner. They pulled it off with APLOMB . But there were only 16,000 people or so at the Brentford match. Palace match will be nearly double that. No way will the buses/coaches cope with those numbers
The buses can't cope on a normal match day

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Anyone thinking this game goes ahead with no parking or trains is deluded. If it does, God help those who let it happen.

I’m not deluded, just jaded enough to think the EPL/Police etc just don’t give a toss about fans.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Anyone else not sure about getting a City ticket in case there is a train strike? Trains back from Manchester are terrible at the moment at present even on non-strike days as they've cut the service.

If anyone has a space in their car for the return trip only (is com'licated...) then I'd welcome a PM. House trained :angel:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Alongside Seagulls Travel were multiple coaches laid on by the club - for free to and from Lewes to Falmer. And (I think) Brighton to Falmer. They had the capacity to cope with thousands more - and did so for Arsenal which had the same operation - on Boxing Day in 2018.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Alongside Seagulls Travel were multiple coaches laid on by the club - for free to and from Lewes to Falmer. And (I think) Brighton to Falmer. They had the capacity to cope with thousands more - and did so for Arsenal which had the same operation - on Boxing Day in 2018.

and additional park and ride sites such as Sainsbury's West hove, which will not be an option this time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
and additional park and ride sites such as Sainsbury's West hove, which will not be an option this time.

Yes. It’s going to be a difficult operation with some options not available to club for Palace I guess- but just providing some context for how club have in the past stepped in, at scale and at great cost.

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else not sure about getting a City ticket in case there is a train strike? Trains back from Manchester are terrible at the moment at present even on non-strike days as they've cut the service.

If anyone has a space in their car for the return trip only (is com'licated...) then I'd welcome a PM. House trained :angel:

If you don’t get any offers, Seagull Travel will let you do a one way trip albeit at full price.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Apparently another strike date has been announced for the 8th October which would affect the Tottingham game by the looks of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here