Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To help you, personally, presumably.

Many people got picked up last night because that was their only option home.

Blame Mick Lynch.

You say it was their only option to get home, well yes probably . . . but they didn't have to pick up in Village Way, there is an official picking up/dropping off point at one of the car parks in Sussex Uni, as per the club's blurb.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or you could blame the employers and government

I can blame them for the dispute in the first place and the Unions for the timing and the deliberate disruption of the working man's game. Fact is this is costing away fans in not being able to book cheap rail tickets.

You say it was their only option to get home, well yes probably . . . but they didn't have to pick up in Village Way, there is an official picking up/dropping off point at one of the car parks in Sussex Uni, as per the club's blurb.

Yeah, I know, and so do the tiny fraction of people who pick up every week. Do you think a factor of ten increase of WAGs have read that stuff? It's literally why we were late home last night. My mate got his Mrs to pick us up but she couldn't get to the pick up point and we couldn't find her.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah, I know, and so do the tiny fraction of people who pick up every week. Do you think a factor of ten increase of WAGs have read that stuff? It's literally why we were late home last night. My mate got his Mrs to pick us up but she couldn't get to the pick up point and we couldn't find her.

Oh l think plenty of people know about it. More a matter of the pick up(er) not being arsed to try and find somewhere that they have never been before, and/or the pick up(ee) not wanting to have to trudge over the railway bridge, and then through the underpass to get to the car.

Village Way is just so much more convenient. As l said in an earlier post, it's a shame a way can't be found to close the road to all but essential traffic, for a short period before and after a game, to allow everyone to disperse.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I didn't know that existed.

Regardless, unless it is completely segregated from the main car parking, the last thing you want to do is add further cars into the University car park mix. I was lucky enough to have been able to borrow a parking space over there yesterday. I didn't feel quite so lucky when it came to trying to get out again!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh l think plenty of people know about it. More a matter of the pick up(er) not being arsed to try and find somewhere that they have never been before, and/or the pick up(ee) not wanting to have to trudge over the railway bridge, and then through the underpass to get to the car.

Village Way is just so much more convenient. As l said in an earlier post, it's a shame a way can't be found to close the road to all but essential traffic, for a short period before and after a game, to allow everyone to disperse.

From day one of the Amex, I’ve thought that they (the club, police, BHCC) want to do everything possible to deter cars picking up. If made easy it would add literally 100’s or more of preventable cars in the vicinity of Falmer. We’d possibly give it go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

When there are no trains from a station serving a ground that relies on them, why would pick ups not be essential?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Pick ups should be made at the park and ride stops only. That is what I do. I don’t wish to subject my partner (or anyone else) to the traffic at the stadium.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Selfish car users...

...Are you absolutely sure?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
From day one of the Amex, I’ve thought that they (the club, police, BHCC) want to do everything possible to deter cars picking up. If made easy it would add literally 100’s or more of preventable cars in the vicinity of Falmer. We’d possibly give it go.

I've done the drop off and pick up loads of times from the uni. It is very easy and as long as I have walked straight from the match, not run, my wife has always been able to drive straight away and out onto the a27 each time. It is an excellent way to avoid parking nearby if you need to.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've done the drop off and pick up loads of times from the uni. It is very easy and as long as I have walked straight from the match, not run, my wife has always been able to drive straight away and out onto the a27 each time. It is an excellent way to avoid parking nearby if you need to.

When trains are running, do you use Hampden Park or Eastbourne?

If I lived fairly close to those, or in Lewes or Seaford, that would be my choice of transport to/from Amex games.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I didn't know that existed.

It's been mentioned on NSC several times and is in all the club info about match days. Just shows you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink (or that info can be posted and presented loads of times but will only be taken on if the person wants/needs to take it on).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When trains are running, do you use Hampden Park or Eastbourne?

If I lived fairly close to those, or in Lewes or Seaford, that would be my choice of transport to/from Amex games.

Well most years I've had season ticket parking for the uni or bridge or latterly bought single tickets when they stopped doing them. My youngest son now lives in a student house in Coldean Lane so that's sorted the problem out for now. We've used the drop off for games where I've not been able to get a ticket or when we've needed to go elsewhere immediately after a game.I tried the train from the main Eastbourne station (Hampden park is slightly further for me and hopelessly busy at times, but I was fed up by the poor service, often 4 carriage only and sometimes huge waits at Lewes if we needed to change. Standing in the rain after a match with one train every twenty minutes or something was also something I didn't want to endure any longer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well most years I've had season ticket parking for the uni or bridge or latterly bought single tickets when they stopped doing them. My youngest son now lives in a student house in Coldean Lane so that's sorted the problem out for now. We've used the drop off for games where I've not been able to get a ticket or when we've needed to go elsewhere immediately after a game.I tried the train from the main Eastbourne station (Hampden park is slightly further for me and hopelessly busy at times, but I was fed up by the poor service, often 4 carriage only and sometimes huge waits at Lewes if we needed to change. Standing in the rain after a match with one train every twenty minutes or something was also something I didn't want to endure any longer.

I forgot that there was a change at Lewes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I forgot that there was a change at Lewes.

Depends on the train. But one recent match had a queue stretching from the platform I got off from, right away over the bridge and onto the next platform. Thousands were queueing, it was ridiculous. We waited over an hour and almost missed the start and I know for a fact many hundreds missed kick off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Out of interest, how was it with SASTA today ? My blood ran cold when the big screens put that message up about there being delays westbound due to a trespassing incident, or somesuch. Thankfully I was on a SAGA bingo bus Seagulls Express jobbie again, so didn't have to worry. Was there much of a delay ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Worked perfectly between Brighton and Falmer both ways (literally walked straight into a Falmer train at Brighton, never done that before).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here