Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains innit

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Whilst I accept that technically they maybe correct (I really don't know). For the 1st time since the Amex opened we just walked in to Brighton Station and were refused entry as it was after 3 hours from the end of the match.

After an all too rare 3pm kick off we generally go for a few pints in the Prince Albert and catch a train home 9 or 10 ish. Today told it wasn't valid and go and buy a ticket.

Again accepting, but questioning, the rules. What f ing difference does it make to Southern what time I head back with a valid ticket as they still get paid? They've manged to get paid twice.

Always disliked southern, now I hope they get renationalied and fired. Jobsworth wankers.
i really dont understand your ire here. Matchday transport is vallid for 3 hours after the match, that is quite clear, is well publisised , has been the same since the stadium opened I believe and gives plenty of time for a couple of drinks and still use your ticket. If you choose to stay past the time allowence that is your choice, but why get uspset when you are then expected to pay for your train?. Rather think of the money saved when you should have paid, but got away with it.

Its "technically" correct - yes-it is, its also perfectly reasobnable. Your "really dont know" means you havent been bothered to do a 2 minute check in all the time you have been using your ticket-thats not the clubs, southern fails, or anyone elses fault but your own. Its no different from getting on and off at a train stop without ticket barriers for weeks, but then getting upset when you get caught.

Plenty of things to moan about maybe, but this isnt one of them.

i really dont understand your ire here. Matchday transport is vallid for 3 hours after the match, that is quite clear, is well publisised , has been the same since the stadium opened I believe and gives plenty of time for a couple of drinks and still use your ticket. If you choose to stay past the time allowence that is your choice, but why get uspset when you are then expected to pay for your train?. Rather think of the money saved when you should have paid, but got away with it.

Its "technically" correct - yes-it is, its also perfectly reasobnable. Your "really dont know" means you havent been bothered to do a 2 minute check in all the time you have been using your ticket-thats not the clubs, southern fails, or anyone elses fault but your own. Its no different from getting on and off at a train stop without ticket barriers for weeks, but then getting upset when you get caught.

Plenty of things to moan about maybe, but this isnt one of them.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make sure I don't get irritated by 1st world problems again.

Now where's my bottetop?!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
1) Clearly those options exist already. And give me a proper pub like The Swan over a corporate fan zone.
2) Those options very much do NOT exist after midweek games. Roma could be absolute carnage if it goes to extra time. The very earliest people will get to leave the ground would be 10.30 and, a few in the East notwithstanding, we'd all leave together. People will have connections to catch, school or work the next day. No one's going to be staying for a pint.

See also @Terry Butcher Tribute Act

If you're really keen on this stuff then the exchanges between National Highways and the club re: the fanzone and expected crowdflows, use of trains vs cars, and how it will be impacted both in evenings and during days (and for the extra events) - is all laid out on the planning site.

FWIW National Highways support the fanzone ana agree with the clubs premise that it will help with staggering journeys.
"we agree with the applicant that this proposal does have the potential to have a positive impact on the profile of arrival and departures"

however they had a few queries - (mostly on how screenings of evening matches in the zone with up to 1000 fans attending would be managed by the transport options on offer).

see https://planningapps.brighton-hove....s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=S357JUDMH7T00

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Just depends on the staff in question doesn't it? They can turn a blind eye or not.
Same on the buses as I found out to my cost.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Makes a change that it’s the seagulls delaying the trains for once rather than the other way round

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
See also @Terry Butcher Tribute Act

If you're really keen on this stuff then the exchanges between National Highways and the club re: the fanzone and expected crowdflows, use of trains vs cars, and how it will be impacted both in evenings and during days (and for the extra events) - is all laid out on the planning site.

FWIW National Highways support the fanzone ana agree with the clubs premise that it will help with staggering journeys.
"we agree with the applicant that this proposal does have the potential to have a positive impact on the profile of arrival and departures"

however they had a few queries - (mostly on how screenings of evening matches in the zone with up to 1000 fans attending would be managed by the transport options on offer).

see https://planningapps.brighton-hove....s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=S357JUDMH7T00

Staggering will likely increase with the Fanzone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here