Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains delayed

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Yup. I'm on the 7.55 from Littlehaven to Victoria. Was meant to be in Westminster for half 9. Nothing going into Victoria at all now. Replacement bus service or tube from Balham....... When we get there.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You cannot make this stuff up. There are so many weak points in the system, power, signals, tracks, trains, staff a slight change in the weather, whenever one thing gets fixed another problem springs up. It is astonishing to me that such a vital piece of infrastructure has been allowed to become so fragile. What an embarrassment.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You cannot make this stuff up. There are so many weak points in the system, power, signals, tracks, trains, staff a slight change in the weather, whenever one thing gets fixed another problem springs up. It is astonishing to me that such a vital piece of infrastructure has been allowed to become so fragile. What an embarrassment.

When you remove all the long time experienced staff and replace them with people from outside the industry what do you expect ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the programme last night highlighted at the beginning that these problems were all there pre-privatisation. the issues yesterday and today, and as i recall most so far this year are down to track infrastructure. so how is renationalisation going to help exactly?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the programme last night highlighted at the beginning that these problems were all there pre-privatisation. the issues yesterday and today, and as i recall most so far this year are down to track infrastructure. so how is renationalisation going to help exactly?

The government are investing less and less each year which is driving ticket prices up . The profits don't all get re invested . Re nationalising would mean profit and income back invested . Could also start bringing it back together a bit so the left hand knows what the right is doing .

Should never of been privatised .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

I used to console myself with the major failures that at least it has strengthened the system for the future . Hard to rationalise this after about the 1000th time . Utter shambles . No voice really campaigning . Everyone just takes it . 3% rise in jan . Nothing will change . I'm sure some countries would have blood shed over this . Not the Brits . Stiff upper lip and carry on

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Disruption expected until end of service according to Southern twitter. Luckily Thameslink is running, but chaos getting home again looks very likely indeed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I really don't know what you're all whining about ..... the BILLIONS being invested in HS2 will solve the problem ! Ungrateful gits.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Disruption expected until end of service according to Southern twitter. Luckily Thameslink is running, but chaos getting home again looks very likely indeed.

If using Thameslink to get home it might be wise to leave from London Bridge early if you can, or catch the Thameslink a stop or two further up the line, because when Victoria gets knocked out they tend to close London Bridge due to overcrowding.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Back when I was a season ticket holder, the really depressing thing about this was that, because of the way they calculate how much you pay per journey, you would only end up being able to claim back about £8 for this.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Back when I was a season ticket holder, the really depressing thing about this was that, because of the way they calculate how much you pay per journey, you would only end up being able to claim back about £8 for this.

I'm pretty sure (I may be wrong though) that you get more compensation for morning delays because it is considered peak-time, that was the impression I got from my repay amounts when I was commuting to London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here