Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why have they built this when we could have just signed Sully Muntari for £80k a week and won the FA Cup?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As an aside, my understanding is that at Southampton's training ground they've taken it a step further and created all sorts of different surfaces - so presumably have at least one churned up rugby pitch to practice on!

I'm there very regularly, and can assure you, that even when their current redevelopment is complete, the Saints facility will be nowhere near as good as the Albion one. Nowhere near as many pitches. No full sized indoor pitch. Less 3G pitches.

The only thing they will have that ours will unfortunately lack (from a fan's point of view), is a pitch for reserve games with limited spectator facilities. Our resevres will continue to use Culver Road (and very occasionally, the Amex)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm there very regularly, and can assure you, that even when their current redevelopment is complete, the Saints facility will be nowhere near as good as the Albion one. Nowhere near as many pitches. No full sized indoor pitch. Less 3G pitches.

The only thing they will have that ours will unfortunately lack (from a fan's point of view), is a pitch for reserve games with limited spectator facilities. Our resevres will continue to use Culver Road (and very occasionally, the Amex)

That is interesting to hear a positive comparison - do they not have a covered pitch at Southampton at all then? And I thought ours was 2/3rds size rather than full-sized.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is interesting to hear a positive comparison - do they not have a covered pitch at Southampton at all then? And I thought ours was 2/3rds size rather than full-sized.

Oh - fair enough - didn't know that.

No, the Saints one has no covered pitch, so far as I've seen - unless they are going to put something up incredibly quickly in the summer. Their redevelopment consists of two buildings - one for the admin /canteen / medical /etc bits, and one for changing and gym, etc. They've two perfect pitches, another fairly rubbish one with a MASSIVE slope that the youth team play on, and a single 3G that is split up for the youngest age groups.

And the development has gone on at the existing site in Marchwood, which is simply not big enough. They are trying to buy an extra bit of land for a few more pitches, I think - but its not part of the same site - its a few hundred yards down the road.

All that said of course, their academy has produced amazing results over the last decade, working out of a load of portakabins and an old converted house - ultimately its the people who work there that are the important bit.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
_58350041_bhafc-ntg-aerialview.jpg
MB_Google+Plus+standard+profile+picture.jpg

I still think it should be Mercedes :thumbsup:

Don't be a fool!

kp-outer-spacers.jpg

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Just be grateful it's got one in a prominent position. Perhaps the Amex will have one that can be easily seen from the A27 one day.

I really hope we keep the current design of the club badge for years to come, one reason is I really like it and another is it would cost the club gazillions to alter the clubs crest everywhere!

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
I just wanna know what all those 'analysts' are doing. Didn't analyse derby very well! TG looks immense. Just hope TB can persuade someone to lead us for the long run.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The rebirth of Brighton & Hove Albion is complete, thanks to Tony Bloom, Dick Knight and Martin Perry.

It will be nice for me to go home to Lancing and walk down the road to watch the Albion train.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The rebirth of Brighton & Hove Albion is complete, thanks to Tony Bloom, Dick Knight and Martin Perry.

It will be nice for me to go home to Lancing and walk down the road to watch the Albion train.

It's not so much a rebirth as a reinvention!

As a kid I used to sit on a wooden bench with my Dad in the old South Stand at the Goldstone, and spent my school holidays watching Wardy and the rest train on Hove Rec.

This is light years away!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Keep the photos coming I think the club have under estimated the fans interest in the facility.
Looks fantastic. I hope we get a chance to have a tour and it is a shame that the Development squad are not playing at the training ground. Please more photos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here