Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Training Ground

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Don't quote me on this but I seem to recall Barber saying he has 'secured' a sponsorship deal with someone for naming rights

I have premonitions of the Simpson's 'Springfild Meltdowns' stadium name here:

The Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Those pitches in the first photo of the "Last Few" look a bit on the small size :smile: FFP strikes again?

Not as small as the look :wink: , they go all the way 'round to the other side of the indoor facility. All that is solely for the first team, includes a full size (Amex mirrored) pitch, a goalkeepers training area and a couple of half & 3/4 sized pitches.

And the surface doesn't look great either.

The surface 'round there wasn't as they expected (largely due to weather but then also due to suppliers). The company doing the majority of it now are local Chichester based Earth Cycle, the surface soil which they are providing now is a far far higher standard than the original company!

Cheers for the pictures Stevegull, you don't realise the sheer size of the place until you actually visit!

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I have premonitions of the Simpson's 'Springfild Meltdowns' stadium name here:

The Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park.

_58350041_bhafc-ntg-aerialview.jpg
MB_Google+Plus+standard+profile+picture.jpg

I still think it should be Mercedes :thumbsup:

solly

Aug 31, 2005
I went yesterday as my bricklaying contractor did the brickwork there and at the Amex. I am in the construction business so I feel I can say that I was very impressed with the quality of the build and with the design of the facility. Very very good ....... sadly ahve no idea to upload the pics but mostly the same as above just the pool and the spa area.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I went yesterday as my bricklaying contractor did the brickwork there and at the Amex. I am in the construction business so I feel I can say that I was very impressed with the quality of the build and with the design of the facility. Very very good ....... sadly ahve no idea to upload the pics but mostly the same as above just the pool and the spa area.

Congrats on your call up!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Email them to me bozza@northstandchat.com if you like and I'll pop them up.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As with the stadium build, today I got to drop of some components to our of our customers who kindly gave me a mini tour of the training complex. Although the hand over is in two weeks time there is still a fair amount of 'finishing off' going on in some areas.

I was also informed that the football analysts will be moving to the training ground from their currnet North Stand office location. Apparetly the whole 2nd floor is taken up by analysts at the Amex, might free some room up to enlarge Dicks

I'm assuming that'll much more erection and playing around with Dicks?

What is it then?

The Grass at The Amex is a mix of synthetic (plastic) stuff and real grass, the grass at the current training ground is, grass.

It is believed, by some, that the pitch at the Amex is causing our injuries, so by training on identical pitches the injuries will cease.

Although I think it may double them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here