Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train to millwall

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
From the NR engineering works site:

Southern

Saturday

The following services will NOT run and buses will run between Balham and West Croydon also between Tulse Hill and Beckenham Junction:

London Victoria - London Bridge (via Crystal Palace)
London Bridge - Sutton (via Crystal Palace)
London Bridge - Crystal Palace
London Bridge and Beckenham Junction

Route affected: Bedford, London St Pancras International, London Blackfriars, London Bridge & East Croydon and Highbury & Islington, New Cross Gate, Brockley, Honor Oak Park, Forest Hill, Sydenham & Crystal Palace also London Bridge / London Victoria, Crystal Palace, Norwood Junction, West Croydon & Sutton also London Bridge, South Bermondsey, Queens Road Peckham, Peckham Rye, East Dulwich, North Dulwich, Tulse Hill, West Norwood, Gipsy Hill, Crystal Palace, Birkbeck & Beckenham Junction

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Start on No 12 bus buying Southern saver
Then by rail
Seaford to Lewes
Lewes to East Croydon (Southern Rail)
Exit East Croydon
Enter East Croydon to activate Oyster Card
East Croydon to London Bridge (FCC)
Exit London Bridge
Stroll around Market and go to only pub in London.
London Bridge to South Bermondsy (Southern Rail)

Then, snakes alive, I'll have to try and get home. Will I make it?

Why dont you just use a Southern train from East Croydon to London Bridge - means you wont have to pay with your Oyster. They run frequent enough - you have a Southern say saver ticket anyway !

There is NO work on the train affecting South Bermondey (only on a line at Crystal Palace) - it only says above its affected as a usual service isnt running because of said works, everything else is fine.

There IS however work after 6PM between West Worthing and Littlehampton on Saturday.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ernest says AOK East Croydon to London Bridge on Saturday. Ernest is the font of all railway knowledge.

Engineering works Saturday??

No problems on the Btn to Lbg FCC route or the Lbg to Sbm Southern route, if you go any other way then I wouldn't know as there is engineering work around the Crystal Palace - Streatham Hill area but wouldn't affect you if go the normal direct way via Lbg

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
No problems on the Btn to Lbg FCC route or the Lbg to Sbm Southern route, if you go any other way then I wouldn't know as there is engineering work around the Crystal Palace - Streatham Hill area but wouldn't affect you if go the normal direct way via Lbg

Wow ive never seen a post from the REAL Ernest, only ever seen his tongue in cheek ones

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Last time i tried that it seemed ages to wait at East Croydon and the rturn train from LB took age too. Thanks for the thought. Very kind..

Theres 1 every 10 minutes or so i think, may as well just see whats available, if theres a long wait then use the FCC.

Do you know up to what age please? my nephew is 16 so could he get the kids travel card? thanks.

15, but if he looks young enough he could probably get away with it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I need to know the actual carriage number I will sit in so I can record it in my book

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Do you know up to what age please? my nephew is 16 so could he get the kids travel card? thanks.

I think it is upto 16, my two are 12 and 9 and I am sure we asked because my boy is 13 soon and the chap at train station said 16

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
[MENTION=5113]minnieme[/MENTION] just found this online, could you boy pass for 15??
"Discounts

Children (aged 5 to 15 inclusive):
£1 – up to 4 children can travel for £1 with an off-peak fare.
Railcard discounts do not apply."

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
There are direct trains from Victoria to South Bermondsey, thereby avoiding London Bridge. They leave at 11 and 41 past the hour.

Useful if you have just been to the Regency Cafe for a fry-up.

God I love The Regency, just around the corner from work! Place must earn a fortune..................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here