Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Train strikes ahead

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Doesn't look too derisory to me:
A four-year TfW offer is for 8.9%, backdated to 1 April, taking drivers to £63,200, with another 7.9% in April 2024, lifting drivers' pay to £68,300, Aslef said. A further 4.1% in December 2024 will take drivers' pay to £71,000, which will increase in April 2025 by RPI inflation, the union said.17 May 2023

Doesn't look too derisory to me:
ASLEF has also had a fair and reasonable offer for members in England, that would take the average train drivers' salary from £60,000 to £65,000
That is a stand alone deal for TFW drivers as the Welsh assembly controls them , nothing like that has been offered to the drivers working for the TOCs controlled by the DFT.

Reactions: A1X

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No, if I was in charge of the railways (which despite some people thinking I am, I am sadly, not) I would let the unions negotiate locally with the companies rather than the RDG. Its quite clear the RDG is a middle man that isn't really providing any impact IMO, the government are increasingly playing silly games with the whole system.

Is Peter “Oyster” Hendy still invovled with Network Rail, how is he perceived?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Fancy falling for that worn out lie.

The average train driver's salary is £42,000.
Therefore the lowest paid by your logic are on a salary of £21000 - there must be thousands of them, if your figures are correct, or are you deliberately confusing the average and the mean. Also, is this the basic and not allowing for overtime, to which they voluntarily apply so as to considerably augment their pay.

katieseagull

Aug 27, 2023
Do we think the club might put on coaches for Brighton to Falmer? Has anyone ever attempted getting a taxi to collect them after a game?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Commuters on your computersss!
This is Britain and in this glittering sea, this perfect fusion of man and mineral, we know that conflict will always perish in the brotherhood of flags. This is Britain and everything is alright. Everything is alright. Its okay. It's fine.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
This is Britain and in this glittering sea, this perfect fusion of man and mineral, we know that conflict will always perish in the brotherhood of flags. This is Britain and everything is alright. Everything is alright. Its okay. It's fine.
Will there be coaches from Wabznasm?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here