Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That would be good but it’s already been moved!
I’m worried about Christmas period travel plans not just football - fortunately the Boxing Day game with Spurs wasn’t moved to Christmas Eve - struggling to keep up with all these dates and what trains will be on strike and where to be honest -

Any chance anyone could list which matches are effected please - have already cancelled Brentford plans but planning to go to Marseilles at home and Spurs 🙁

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, they still have my full support, even if it does nause up my travel plans.

This is 100% the fault of the Government and the rail companies. They could have settled this months ago. They chose not to.
Then they should be targeting them and not commuters and football fans. The Government don't give a toss. Probably quite happy the oiks are going to struggle to attend a game. No inconvenient protests that day either.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Any chance anyone could list which matches are effected please - have already cancelled Brentford plans but planning to go to Marseilles at home and Spurs 🙁
ignore above - full dates here - seems it’s only Brentford I won’t be able to make

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Game live on Amazon Prime
it grates on me when i have purchased a ticket and end up watching paying AGAIN to watch on TV will do what i can to get to game but so many hurdles these days its becoming increasingly difficult we also have other hie matches nearby and i think that will keep some fans away saying oh well we have another a few days later i can go to etc

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'm sure they could.

Why does the RMT strike look like it's coming to an end - whilst the ASLEF strike doesn't?
The most recent offer to ASLEF was in April, and was derisory. Since then, they haven't even been offered anything, let alone been offered something that they can vote on or approve / reject.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
it grates on me when i have purchased a ticket and end up watching paying AGAIN to watch on TV will do what i can to get to game but so many hurdles these days its becoming increasingly difficult we also have other hie matches nearby and i think that will keep some fans away saying oh well we have another a few days later i can go to etc
If you are actually in Mile Oak, it's quite easy to get to and from the game for 'free'.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If I lived in Mile oak I would get a bus to the Amex - if I lived in Brighton I would use Seagull travel or a coach to Victoria for the Chelsea match not so easy from Norfolk!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Because the poor dears driving the trains cannot manage on a measly 60 grand a year.
Fancy falling for that worn out lie.

The average train driver's salary is £42,000.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

mile oak

May 21, 2023
so if Thameslink runs trains Brentford Brighton to London but not on Brighton to Lewes line.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There has been a Park and Ride from EDF next to portslade for some games, so I expect they'll activate that. Its gonna be pain to get there but you can of course still attend.

Jul 7, 2003
There has been a Park and Ride from EDF next to portslade for some games, so I expect they'll activate that. Its gonna be pain to get there but you can of course still attend.
Not sure that will work for Brentford as it is a work day - EDF has only been used at weekends so far.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Thanks for that, an interesting read.

‘The proposal – of just 4% – was clearly not designed to be accepted as inflation is still running north of 10%'

With inflation now at less than 5% that offer doesn't seem quite so bad now.

Have the members voted on it recently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here