Train Problems - Clayton Tunnel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
1437 FCC Brighton to Bedford has came to a stand and failed inside Clayton Tunnel. Reports are that its hit something - no idea what.

All lines blocked for the time being - trains going via Lewes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it Groundhog Day?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If it's an FCC train it's probably HIT the end of its serviceable life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

D

Deleted User X18H

Delay Repay.

Dear Neal Lawson, one of your clapped old units, have once again (4th time this year) brought the Brighton mainline to a standstill.

I hear Magnus Volk has some more modern type rolling stock you can use.

Lot's of love Timmy.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Delay Repay.

Dear Neal Lawson, one of your clapped old units, have once again (4th time this year) brought the Brighton mainline to a standstill.

I hear Magnus Volk has some more modern type rolling stock you can use.

Lot's of love Timmy.

I receive £30.10 today in vouchers in the post the last of my outstanding claims. Looks like another one will be going in tomorrow.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What sort of vouchers? M&S?

Train vouchers. As I have a season ticket they are useless to me. However, as much as they say on the back of them "These cannot be exchanged for cash", they can, and I have done so, and Southern have confirmed that you should be able to.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I receive £30.10 today in vouchers in the post the last of my outstanding claims. Looks like another one will be going in tomorrow.

I've never had the pleasure of receiving a submitting a 'Delay Repay' claim as I rarely by a season ticket. What are the vouchers redeemable against? (I'm guessing it's going to be train travel). It's a bit of a piss take they don't send you cash.

EDIT - Ooops just seen earlier answer

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've never had the pleasure of receiving a submitting a 'Delay Repay' claim as I rarely by a season ticket. What are the vouchers redeemable against? (I'm guessing it's going to be train travel). It's a bit of a piss take they don't send you cash.

The vouchers, even the Southern ones can be used on any line in the country (apparently) or exchanged for cash as mentioned above. And it doesn't have to be a season ticket to claim, any ticket more than 30 mins late will do.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
The vouchers, even the Southern ones can be used on any line in the country (apparently) or exchanged for cash as mentioned above. And it doesn't have to be a season ticket to claim, any ticket more than 30 mins late will do.

I do love a strongly worded letter of complaint and have always received cash/cheque when complaining to Southern in the past. Maybe they've changed their rules, but If they dare send me a voucher they'll be sent a detailed diagram of exactly where they can stick it!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports