Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train farce

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
...anyone else spot this bit!!!!

Yeah, not sure he'll get much public sympathy if he starts agitating for industrial action.

This investment is a complete no-brainer that would pay for itself in an incredibly short period. It's being phased in over a long period (the article says by 2030, but I've also read 30 years elsewhere). Why take so long to do something that is so glaringly obviously needed and arguably should have started a long time ago?

I think it's because they want to achieve most of the job cuts through natural wastage rather than involuntary redundancy to appease the unions.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What and moaning about it on a football forum is. It was a mistake they happen it's life I'm sure a few people got a bollocking also. It happens mistakes do in life get on with it really

It would be good to think highlighting dangerous events and possible dangerous scenarios around our stadium, especially ones to do with crowd control, can help prevent injures, especially ones that will be linked to our club. I agree the train cock up was just a mistake but the way the crowd was controlled on the platform for the following smaller train needs reviewing.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
It would be good to think highlighting dangerous events and possible dangerous scenarios around our stadium, especially ones to do with crowd control, can help prevent injures, especially ones that will be linked to our club. I agree the train cock up was just a mistake but the way the crowd was controlled on the platform for the following smaller train needs reviewing.

It does but they believed an 8 carriage train was coming in so they let that amount of people on the platform then just so happens the 8 carriage train passes through it's not going to be easy managing that situation when next train is only for 3. It genuinely was a mistake that I doubt we will see happen again.

But I'm sure this will go on and every 5 pages someone will go fact is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why take so long to do something that is so glaringly obviously needed and arguably should have started a long time ago?.

You're learning my young fellow. Welcome to my world :smile:

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Post 219 is dead right. The club appears to completely ignore suggestions, concerns or comments about transport and access arrangements, no matter how sensible they may seem. Similarly, suggestions etc on ATC receive a bland response that suggests they are being "passed on"! To whom, because nothing ever changes! The stadium is great, the access very poor and with the planned extension, will only get worse if nothing changes.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It does but they believed an 8 carriage train was coming in so they let that amount of people on the platform then just so happens the 8 carriage train passes through it's not going to be easy managing that situation when next train is only for 3. It genuinely was a mistake that I doubt we will see happen again.

But I'm sure this will go on and every 5 pages someone will go fact is.

Only things they could of done would of been to get staff near the train doors (easier said than done with the people all crowding to get on) or take people off the platform (and you can guess what reaction that would cause) - staff couldnt of realistically done anything to prevent it.

Oh, and Southern STILL havent replied to my e-mail asking what happened about this, nothing from their Twitter either - anyone else heard anything ?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
6yXhO.jpg

Southern should use this train on match days!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did someone at Southern tell the driver that Falmer is a "request" stop ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lot of bendy-buses going cheap in London I believe, Boris has vowed to replace them all there.

B&H Buses have 18 bendibuses in their fleet. They are used on the 25's and for P&R work. Could come in handy on matchdays if they use some of them on a shuttle service between the Old Steine and Falmer. If the trains are shorter than usual for midweek evening games why don't they supplement the service with buses to get fans back to Brighton station for their connections to London etc ?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
B&H Buses have 18 bendibuses in their fleet. They are used on the 25's and for P&R work. Could come in handy on matchdays if they use some of them on a shuttle service between the Old Steine and Falmer. If the trains are shorter than usual for midweek evening games why don't they supplement the service with buses to get fans back to Brighton station for their connections to London etc ?

I thought the reason London got rid of the bendy bus was fire risk

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
HawkTheSeagull;4849297[/quote said:
Oh, and Southern STILL havent replied to my e-mail asking what happened about this, nothing from their Twitter either - anyone else heard anything ?

The Argus quoted Southern, saying basically, the driver f***ed up. I think most of us had sussed that.

The ongoing saga of people being trapped on the trains at Lewes was mentioned. Allegedly the guard couldn't get to his tannoy to make an announcement due to the crush on the train. That imo is a pile of bullshit. How did the guard manage to open the doors at Lewes? The controls & tannoy are next to each other are they not?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I thought the reason London got rid of the bendy bus was fire risk

More that Boris didnt like them - i thought they were perfect for London myself.

The Argus quoted Southern, saying basically, the driver f***ed up. I think most of us had sussed that.

The ongoing saga of people being trapped on the trains at Lewes was mentioned. Allegedly the guard couldn't get to his tannoy to make an announcement due to the crush on the train. That imo is a pile of bullshit. How did the guard manage to open the doors at Lewes? The controls & tannoy are next to each other are they not?[/QUOTE]

And yes they are, guard always sits in an unused cab of the train - what they said there was a load of crap as its been done plenty of times in the past.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
For each and every one of those who had travel difficulties before and after the game on Tuesday and you have bought travel vouchers or have a season ticket or bus pass or similar then you have every right to feel agreived and the club need to do something about it;

For those of you on here who had problems with the travel before or after the game on Tuesday and didn't buy a travel voucher or have a season ticket or bus pass then TOUGH! Stop moaning about problems with something you haven't even had the decency to pay for!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here