Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Disruption at Wivelsfield Due to a Fatality

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I've been debating whether to share this with NSC for a few days, but I am currently in a psychiatric unit for trying to kill myself last week. In fairness, having been able to keep hold of my iPad and access NSC has been one of the things that have kept me going, but a thread as insensitive as this has not especially helped.

Sorry for going off on one, I didn't really want this to turn into a look at me post, but sometimes it would be nice if people thought about how they are posting on subjects as sensitive as this. Sorry.

Thoughts with you mate, remember the good times ahead - look for the positives, you will get through this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've been debating whether to share this with NSC for a few days, but I am currently in a psychiatric unit for trying to kill myself last week. In fairness, having been able to keep hold of my iPad and access NSC has been one of the things that have kept me going, but a thread as insensitive as this has not especially helped.

Sorry for going off on one, I didn't really want this to turn into a look at me post, but sometimes it would be nice if people thought about how they are posting on subjects as sensitive as this. Sorry.

Don't apologise.......
Glad you are getting what sounds like the right support. Sending positive vibes.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
For the second time in 3 days I've had a 4 hour journey home but that pales in to insignificance when you consider what those people have been through to end their life in such a way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Personally I'd think this would be one of the occasions when it's good to make a look at me post. Never shy from asking for people's help, or just asking them to listen. I hope you find friends and family members to help you. It doesn't need to be any more than one person, but someone should be able to remind you that life isn't always painful, things do get better, and people do care.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yes it was insensitive and I apologise .
I hope whoever was involved can rest in peace .

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I feel really bad for anyone that feels that they have to do this, it's so horrible to feel the way that they do. I also feel so sorry for the family of the person, and the train driver who will probably carry some baggage from this :(

RIP to the person who was involved. :(

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Don't apologise. If talking about it helps you, talk.

For all the banter, this board will happily offer a willing ear, a sympathetic thought and a kind word - especially to one of our own. Good luck with it all. :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

For all the banter, this board will happily offer a willing ear, a sympathetic thought and a kind word - especially to one of our own. Good luck with it all. :)

Aye. NSC can seem to tear itself to bits at time and yet it has also been the home of some of the most heart warming posts on the internet. You'll find support here Worthingite.

Have just got in having left my office in East London at 7.45. Two four hour trips in three days. But as the guy above posted I am thankful as I'm still alive and enjoying life. Or at least the fact that I can now settle down with the iPad and a scotch as the missus has already gone to bed.

I'm effing working from home tomorrow though.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Shocking, this is certainly one of the worst periods of this happening for a long time. It affects so many people as well, you have the family of the person involved who has lost a loved one, the train driver who can do nothing to prevent it, those on the station who witness it happening and the response staff. Its heartbreaking in so many ways.

3 fatalities again today, Wivelsfield, Leominster and one on the Victoria Line.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

And if they don't, we'll kick 'em off.

I wish you well, Worthingite. Always important to remember though that the ratio of fantastic people to insensitive, inconsiderate tossers in this world is approximately 5,000 to 1, and therefore the silent majority will always have your back & be here for you if you need it :thumbsup:

It's a long & difficult road and I know nobody will have a magic wand for you, but I do hope things start to look better soon :)

rool

Jul 10, 2003

There are times when you feel that every part of your life is a mess and you cannot see a way out or a better future. You feel a failure and think everyone would be better off without you. Whatever others may think and tell you, you don't believe it and no-one hates you more than yourself.

I hope you find the strength and peace you are looking for and when you find it tell me where it is please.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Thanks for sharing. I think you'll find NSC is at its best when faced with issues like yours. You did well sharing, too many people keep problems bottled up until its too late. You're in good hands now and I hope things work out well for you

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems that the guy who died was a former train driver , recently a senior manager for Network Rail. He alone should have known what the consequences of his actions would be for other people

Possibly but in mitigation it would not be known what his state of mind or circumstance was when he made this awful decision.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Seems that the guy who died was a former train driver , recently a senior manager for Network Rail. He alone should have known what the consequences of his actions would be for other people

Blimey that's a bit close to home.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The usual suspects have been a little quiet on this matter since they posted their usual insensitive rubbish on the thread that involved Roy Chuter.

Embarrassed? Suitably chastised? I don't know.

Given what many of us went through over Roy, and I freely admit that I really struggled at that time, do we really need a thread started like this by Mr Hodges?

I know we all like to sometimes go off the topic of the Albion, I'm one of the numerous culprits, but surely some things should be left alone on here?

Regarding Worthingite its really good your getting help mate, and I wish you a full recovery.

Harty

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There are times when you feel that every part of your life is a mess and you cannot see a way out or a better future. You feel a failure and think everyone would be better off without you. Whatever others may think and tell you, you don't believe it and no-one hates you more than yourself.

I hope you find the strength and peace you are looking for and when you find it tell me where it is please.

This. Every single suicide is a tragedy. I hate the expression " committed suicide " the person died from depression is a better description. If you suffer from depression fight it with every core of your body. Anyone that suffers is not weak, infact they are some of the strongest people who walk this Earth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here