Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trafford. Best goalie performance at Amex ?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Apart from 2 shots they were all straight at him. David Marshall performance for Cardiff was way better than that and had superb saves

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
He was a little twat, he made some good saves but wasted at least 10 minutes and broke up the game.

I don’t pay my money to watch a keeper stretch and not kick the f***ing ball.

I don’t care if we win lose or draw but I want to watch football, not a goalie stretching.

He should be ashamed of himself.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A combo of some good saves (especially towards the end) along with LOTS of lacklustre finishing. We must be the LEAST clinical team in the PL. At least 3 or 4 of those chances the keeper shouldn't even have had an earthly, but most of the time we just slung it down his throat.

Draws against junk like Burnley Fulham and Sheffield is so f*cking annoying, when everyone else seems to give them a slap.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A combo of some good saves (especially towards the end) along with LOTS of lacklustre finishing. We must be the LEAST clinical team in the PL. At least 3 or 4 of those chances the keeper shouldn't even have had an earthly, but most of the time we just slung it down his throat.

Draws against junk like Burnley Fulham and Sheffield is so f*cking annoying, when everyone else seems to give them a slap.
Ain't that the truth

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Worth watching the highlights. There were a few. The one from Adingra at the near post when still 0-1 was an incredible reflex save.
Okay I will take at look at it on Match of the day later, but I thought he had just blocked his front post as keepers should do?

Thought only the save from Hinsh header was really exceptional. The rest while good saves you’d expect a good keeper to make

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
OK - two particularly good saves, as opposed to the five identified by Warren. But even those two saves stopped us winning 3-1.
I didn't say the saves weren't important. I just don't think his performance was so impressive it ranks at the best performance by a goalkeeper at the Amex.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I didn't say the saves weren't important. I just don't think his performance was so impressive it ranks at the best performance by a goalkeeper at the Amex.
Yup, this. At no point for the vast majority of the game did anybody (shirley) think that they were watching a superlative goalkeeping performance. For most of the game, on account of our crappy finishing, he didn't have all that much to do

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, probably not the best. There have been (all too many) occasions when GKs have come to the Amex and played the game of their lives, and nothing would have got past them had we played to midnight.
Nonetheless, his saves gained his team a point and denied us two, demonstrating how important top quality shot-stopping is for a GK.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you shoot well within his reach he's going to look good. ( I'm not saying he's not)

if you get a deflection . . . .

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Don’t think it was any performance worthy of note, more poor finishing.

And the clap to the NS at FT, means he can, respectively, f*** off.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Good game but not close to that Cardiff keeper‘s performance imo. Our finishing was rubbish and I think Pedro mis kicked an absolute sitter, hope I get to see a replay of that, looked abysmal to me in real time.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Did Traffold & Verbruggen set any record for the youngest combined age for the two goalkeepers

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It’s still Bogdan for Bolton and it’s not even close
That game was absolutely mental. We absolutely battered them and led 1-0 for most the game while he kept them in it countless times.

Then I got back to the car having left two minutes early (thanks to a whining 7 year old wanting to go home) and found we'd only drawn!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here