Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trafalgar square

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why do you find my arguement 'quite funny?'

It made me a laugh a little bit because I'm struggling to think how Pakistanis developed as "just a thought" when people were having a pop at the Scottish fans in Trafalgar Square.

What exactly is your point ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'Yes probably' eh? Hardly said with much conviction. So if was a large gathering of Pakistani's at TS you would post say 'p**i wankers' would you?

I wouldn't use that term, no. Not ever. If they were dressed as comedy versions of themselves, pissed up and acting like cocks, I'd find a name for them, though.

For clarity, a McWanker, in my vocabulary is a Scotsman in a hilarious tartan hat / ginger wig combo, acting like a dick under cover of the 'Tartan Army'. This doesn't refer to all scots, but it undoubtably fits a significant proportion of today's TS revellers.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Why are there always a gaggle of "right on" merchants who start groaning on every time us normal folk engage in a bit of harmless xenophobia and casual stottishism and anti gingerism?

Scotch people don't wash because its too cold up there and their baths are full of coal or peat or ******ts or something..also they like a drink...a casual glance at the rates of alcoholism in the United Kingdom will confirm...a bit more than most. Additionally they loathe us with the righteous loathing that a serf has for his master.

None of these things are true of Pakistanis who seem like a lovely bunch of lads*

*Apart from the Al Quaeda thing of course

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I wouldn't use that term, no. Not ever. If they were dressed as comedy versions of themselves, pissed up and acting like cocks, I'd find a name for them, though.

For clarity, a McWanker, in my vocabulary is a Scotsman in a hilarious tartan hat / ginger wig combo, acting like a dick under cover of the 'Tartan Army'. This doesn't refer to all scots, but it undoubtably fits a significant proportion of today's TS revellers.

Why would you use 'that term' to describe Scottish people but not say Asians? Btw I'm not advocating calling either Scottish people or Asian people 'wankers' just wondered why you can call a congregation of scottish that but 'no not ever' would you call a congreagation of Asians 'that.'

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Why would you use 'that term' to describe Scottish people but not say Asians? Btw I'm not advocating calling either Scottish people or Asian people 'wankers' just wondered why you can call a congregation of scottish that but 'no not ever' would you call a congreagation of Asians 'that.'

Calling a group of Pakistanis "McWankers" would be worth it just for the puzzled looks to be fair.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
It made me a laugh a little bit because I'm struggling to think how Pakistanis developed as "just a thought" when people were having a pop at the Scottish fans in Trafalgar Square.

What exactly is your point ?

Dont you ever have 'thoughts?' I pre-fixed my original post with 'just a thought' as i was reading this thread on NSC i had a 'thought' hence my 'just a thought' pre-fix.

My point is very clear: It seems acceptable to make derogatory comments about a large congregation of scottish people on here but i doubt whether a large congregation of asian people would attract so many derogatory comments.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Dont you ever have 'thoughts?' I pre-fixed my original post with 'just a thought' as i was reading this thread on NSC i had a 'thought' hence my 'just a thought' pre-fix.

My point is very clear: It seems acceptable to make derogatory comments about a large congregation of scottish people on here but i doubt whether a large congregation of asian people would attract so many derogatory comments.

Yes. Yes it is acceptable. Clearly you have never been on a Scottish, Australian or Welsh forum when those nations play England at ANYTHING. It's called banter and you, Sir, are a tedious bore.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What are you talking about? It's the first part of your suggestion I'd never use, not the wanker bit. If a group of Pakistanis were dressed like cocks and acting like cocks, I'd quite happily refer to them as wankers.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Yes. Yes it is acceptable. Clearly you have never been on a Scottish, Australian or Welsh forum when those nations play England at ANYTHING. It's called banter and you, Sir, are a tedious bore.

And you 'sir' have to resort to insults if somebody dares come on a forum and expresses a view that you dont agree with hence the 'tedious bore' jibe.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
And you 'sir' have to resort to insults if somebody dares come on a forum and expresses a view that you dont agree with hence the 'tedious bore' jibe.

It's just so precious mate. It's obviously banter and its obviously reciprocated by everyone else in our close family of nations (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand etc.) have you never been to any of these places and opened your mouth? Dear god man...we don't hate these people...we love them.

This thread is obviously light hearted and you choose to draw a completely ridiculous analogy between Scotland and Pakistan as the target of racism.

My family are direct descendants of scots and Irish. It's a JOKE.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I understand your "point" but am interested about your motivation. Are you defending all races (using the Scots and the Pakistanis as examples) against casual abuse or are you frustrated that the Scots are "fair game" whilst the Pakistanis (in your view) are not ?

Last edited:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
What are you talking about? It's the first part of your suggestion I'd never use, not the wanker bit. If a group of Pakistanis were dressed like cocks and acting like cocks, I'd quite happily refer to them as wankers.

So the scots were 'mac' wankers according to you earlier (a somewhat sweeping generalisation in my opinion) (but hey opinions and all that) so how would you refer collectively to a 'group of pakistanis dressed like cocks and acting like cocks' what 'pre-fix would you use equavelent to your 'mac' pre-fix?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Thus proving my original point. Your problem is quite obviously that people don't agree with your "point" rather that your inability not to make it which you quite freely have.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
So the scots were 'mac' wankers according to you earlier (a somewhat sweeping generalisation in my opinion) (but hey opinions and all that) so how would you refer collectively to a 'group of pakistanis dressed like cocks and acting like cocks' what 'pre-fix would you use equavelent to your 'mac' pre-fix?

Curry? It's late and I'm struggling to play along here.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Just wondering if it was thousands of Pakistani cricket fans who had congregated at Trafalgar Square whether there would be so many derogatory remarks about them on here, posts for example questioning their personal hygiene etc........just a thought.....

That's where everyone needs to lighten up. I wouldn't have a problem with that, the same as i don't have a problem with the Jock-bashing on here. :)

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
'Yes probably' eh? Hardly said with much conviction. So if was a large gathering of Pakistani's at TS you would post say 'p**i wankers' would you?

Personally I don't see the issue with the term Paki if it is used to correctly describe those from Pakistan.

The Kazakhs are from Kazakhstan.
The Uzbekis are from Uzbekistan.
The Brits are from Britain.
The Afghans are from Afghanistan.

Surely the Pakis are from Pakistan?...

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Thus proving my original point. Your problem is quite obviously that people don't agree with your "point" rather that your inability not to make it which you quite freely have.

You say alot without really saying anything. Why is what i say a 'point?' Sorry what was you're original point?

Just to clarify: My original point was that no way would people on here make such derogatory remarks about a large gathering of asian cricket fans at TS and if anyone did say anything derogatory about them they would soon be shouted down as 'rascists.'

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

Awaits reply......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here