Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Toyah's at it again. Bizarre.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
We all know who she is, but do you know who he is? The idea that Robert Fripp is desperate is quite preposterous.

Yes, how silly of me not to realise that by merely BEING Robert Fripp he is immune to desperation…I bow to your greater insight…

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dairy area.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, how silly of me not to realise that by merely BEING Robert Fripp he is immune to desperation…I bow to your greater insight…

I don’t have a greater insight. But I do know a little about what he has achieved in life and what he has been involved with both inside and outside of music. I therefore, on balance, find the idea he might be doing this because he is desperate rubbish. I could be wrong.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
This is the type of music that turned young people off and caused the birth of Punk though isn’t it?

Most of the famous punks I've ever heard interviewed later admitted to loving that sort of thing anyway.

Fripp had already chucked the whole King Crimson thing by then anyway, didn't he go off and join some sort of convent for a while? Before going to New York to play on a load of session recordings. He's the guy playing the sustained guitar part on Heroes, apparently by letting the guitar feedback and then stepping closer/further away from the amplifier to shift the note.

He also, not that this is particularly relevant, played the solo on this:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I don’t have a greater insight. But I do know a little about what he has achieved in life and what he has been involved with both inside and outside of music. I therefore, on balance, find the idea he might be doing this because he is desperate rubbish. I could be wrong.

I can't find it now, but I'm sure I once read an article written by somebody who'd spent a few days with Fripp, over the course of which Fripp apparently spoke so much and so densely that the writer finally couldn't take it any more and threw up on the train station platform as he was about to leave.

I didn't know you could make somebody do that just by talking to them. The bloke's got powers :mad:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I can't find it now, but I'm sure I once read an article written by somebody who'd spent a few days with Fripp, over the course of which Fripp apparently spoke so much and so densely that the writer finally couldn't take it any more and threw up on the train station platform as he was about to leave.

I didn't know you could make somebody do that just by talking to them. The bloke's got powers :mad:

Invented a whole new musical genre via Frippertronics. If you don't like this you must have something wrong with you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5HannQM364

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Invented a whole new musical genre via Frippertronics. If you don't like this you must have something wrong with you...

Nice enough though that is, I'm not sure that guitar noodling over something that Steve Reich would probably have left on the studio floor counts as 'a whole new musical genre'.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Most of the famous punks I've ever heard interviewed later admitted to loving that sort of thing anyway.

Fripp had already chucked the whole King Crimson thing by then anyway, didn't he go off and join some sort of convent for a while? Before going to New York to play on a load of session recordings. He's the guy playing the sustained guitar part on Heroes, apparently by letting the guitar feedback and then stepping closer/further away from the amplifier to shift the note.

He recorded the entire album Heroes with Bowie and also played on half the tracks on Scary Monsters.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Nice enough though that is, I'm not sure that guitar noodling over something that Steve Reich would probably have left on the studio floor counts as 'a whole new musical genre'.

Is your opinion, no-one else had ever done this via Revox & Guitar (I'm a Steve Reich fan by the way).

He then went digital with his 'guitar noodling' so there is much more stuff for you to ignore...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Is your opinion, no-one else had ever done this via Revox & Guitar (I'm a Steve Reich fan by the way).

He then went digital with his 'guitar noodling' so there is much more stuff for you to ignore...

I have a bit of a problem ignoring any type of music, although anything to do with prog has always been a reach for me. However, I've found that, if you go down enough musical side paths, you end up coming to every genre from one direction or another. I've always considered King Crimson to be on the more acceptable side of prog, but never bought anything because you never see it second hand and going cheap anywhere, probably because of the demographic make up of the majority of secondhand music buyers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Part brilliant, bonkers and desperate. Reminds me of Eurotrash.

If she is that desperate for cash and publicity, why not open up her version of Dignitas?

It would be called ‘Last Willcox’.

You’d simply chuck her a few grand, wheel some old randy bugger into her euthanasia alcove and watch as she jiggles her julies and sorts out the seniors’ ‘last stand’ whilst her cuckold husband fiddles with his guitar until the old fella pops his mortal clogs. Genius!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here