Town v Brighton preview from a Town fan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. 'If' we play like we've done at some of those away games where we've got into the oppositions faces, not given them a minute and broken quickly on the counter attack it sounds like we could get something. Playing that way usually means you have to score (a couple) early to put the visitors completely on the back foot and not allow them to settle. :

Just the one will probably do, we haven't come from behind to win a game since August 2011 :down:

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Having stepped up a division, the most noticeable difference apart from more skilful players obviously is how teams don't give up the ghost even when they're getting a hammering. They seem to not lose spirit so easily and rally round and have spells where they look dangerous!:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The difference between League One and the Championship is enormous, there are so many big name teams and so many genuinely classy players. No game is a given in this division even top vs bottom and I fricking love it. Happy, if needs be, to stay in this division for a while as long as we are in with a chance of a flirt with the playoffs. I think Palace must hold this season's record for being top longest? So many changes already.

Pretty well every game is a mouth watering affair.

Terrier1987cas

Nov 15, 2012
When we've played against footballing sides who like to keep the ball we've generally done a good job of giving them no time on the ball and disrupting their pattern of play - Southern and Clayton are no-nonsense midfielders who have a ridiculously high work-rate in terms of chasing down the ball and winning it back. We do tend to try and counter their football with direct balls down the channels though, Novak chases anything and everything and Beckford just readies himself for a chance to come his way. It should be an interesting match - I reckon it will be football v hoofball to an extent as I doubt we'll try and out-pass you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When we've played against footballing sides who like to keep the ball we've generally done a good job of giving them no time on the ball and disrupting their pattern of play - Southern and Clayton are no-nonsense midfielders who have a ridiculously high work-rate in terms of chasing down the ball and winning it back. We do tend to try and counter their football with direct balls down the channels though, Novak chases anything and everything and Beckford just readies himself for a chance to come his way. It should be an interesting match - I reckon it will be football v hoofball to an extent as I doubt we'll try and out-pass you.

Slightly concerned about your hardworking midfielders, our midfield sometimes looks a bit ponderous and cumbersome, they're excellent passers when they have a lot of time on the ball. Not worried about you putting the balls down the channels at all though, we have comfortably the best pair of full backs in the division.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

f***ing hell we are going to lose.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Clearly written by someone very inexperienced in nuances of this division. Bollox's would be a bit condescending but it's not far off.

The reality is two of the last thee were against Barnsley (who we beat 5-1) and Bristol city who are bottom of the league. Clap clap clap for winning those two.

Typical one eyed piece about how great your own team is. Once I got to "a comfortable win" I gave up completely.

The only thing to say is open your bloody eyes! Both of them.

Gives us a good shout if that kind of arrogance resonates through the whole organisation though.

Score draw for my money. But I am coming up expecting a masterclass and to be beaten out of sight according to the latest preview I read.

Total no hoper whipping boys on their way.

Terrier1987cas

Nov 15, 2012
Clearly written by someone very inexperienced in nuances of this division. Bollox's would be a bit condescending but it's not far off.

The reality is two of the last thee were against Barnsley (who we beat 5-1) and Bristol city who are bottom of the league. Clap clap clap for winning those two.

Typical one eyed piece about how great your own team is. Once I got to "a comfortable win" I gave up completely.

The only thing to say is open your bloody eyes! Both of them.

Gives us a good shout if that kind of arrogance resonates through the whole organisation though.

Score draw for my money. But I am coming up expecting a masterclass and to be beaten out of sight according to the latest preview I read.

Total no hoper whipping boys on their way.

You clearly didn't read it properly. I never said it would be a comfortable win, I predicted a very hard fought win. I also stated that the stats don't do you justice, that you have some very dangerous players we need to be aware of, and that you're the best defensive side in the league. So basically, the only bollocks is your comment.

Terrier1987cas

Nov 15, 2012
I think Gus knows how to nullify Beckford. He got sent off in one of his last games against us.

When teams have wound him up he has reacted fairly often, he doesn't seem to be able to control his temper. Luckily the 2 times he's really kicked off and looked like nutting someone we've had a player nearby to drag him away.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
the stats don't do you justice, you have some very dangerous players we need to be aware of, and you're the best defensive side in the league.

So - considering all that - why DO you think Hudds will win?

Terrier1987cas

Nov 15, 2012
So - considering all that - why DO you think Hudds will win?

Because we are very solid at the back at the minute, our 2 CM's are very good at chasing the ball down and winning it back, and we seem to do quite well against teams who try play football (apart from against Leicester who were different gravy). At home we've been very decent and in Ward, Scannell, Church, Hammill, Novak and Beckford I think we have enough about us to get a goal or 2. I reckon you lot will play much the better football but fancy us to grind out a result.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because we are very solid at the back at the minute, our 2 CM's are very good at chasing the ball down and winning it back, and we seem to do quite well against teams who try play football (apart from against Leicester who were different gravy). At home we've been very decent and in Ward, Scannell, Church, Hammill, Novak and Beckford I think we have enough about us to get a goal or 2. I reckon you lot will play much the better football but fancy us to grind out a result.

You may be right - I really can't see past a dull, slightly nervy draw.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You may be right - I really can't see past a dull, slightly nervy draw.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2001 just after Micky left and just before Peter Taylor arrived.

OnDigital had their TV crew outside the stadium and in the interview I did predicted Peter Taylor would be the next Albion boss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports