Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tourettes thing on BBC1 at 9pm

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It was rather funny but it was sad to see it messing up genuinely nice peoples lives.

I found it weird that they would get ticks all the time they were doing everyday things, but when they were talking about their condition or how it affects them, their ticks would disappear or become significantly less frequent.

Thought it was a great documentry but it may well create new Joey Deacon like icons out of the people featured

I'm up to my knees in fuckin cowpats was a BRILLIO line though :lol:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Tim Howard, the ex Man Ure keeper had this as well. Well, that was his excuse for calling Rio Ferdinand a 'useless black fucker'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, john is sound, let's hope he finds a ladyfriend.

Yeah. I really started to warm to John. The young lad was pretty sweet as well. And both brave as well.

Still, priceless telly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I once saw a programme about Narcolepsy, whereby people afflicted by this condition suddenly fall asleep in an instant.

When the Narcolepsy Association had meetings they used 3 people to take the minutes of the meeting. The theory was that if one or two nodded off at least one person would be able to record what had been said and they could then print up what had been said. Which is vital considering that at any one time 30% of the attendee's would be asleep.

I shouldn't laugh but......:D

:thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone see the one where they took the kids to France....and when they went through the ferry terminal and passport control they kept shouting "BOMB"

I know it is not good to mock the afflicted, but I had to leave the room I was crying so much

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Both guys came over as very articulate....in between the tic episodes and the programme was both funny and sad.
Have to say that John's 'cow pat' retort was one of the funniest things I've heard for ages!:lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Did anyone see the one where they took the kids to France....and when they went through the ferry terminal and passport control they kept shouting "BOMB"

I know it is not good to mock the afflicted, but I had to leave the room I was crying so much
I know what you mean. I was watching the cricket (well Twenty/20) and all I could hear was my wife crying with laughter in the other room. And she's a nurse!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think I feel a Tourettes-suffering visit to Omegle.com coming up...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I flicked over just in time to see the scottish guy packing his shopping at the till, and suddenly shouting "DICK" at the till operator.

Bloody marvellous.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Saw the original documentry and felt at the time it was all a put on really,just watched it and feel a bit of a f***ing **** now to be honest,thought it was a very good thought provoking Documentry,very funny yet extremely sad at the same time.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I remember the original documentary way back when. Very sad and almost completely unheard of, as a condition, by the general public.

This time around what I found most disturbing was the guy 'Chopper' saying how tourettes suddenly struck him out of the blue aged 33. How he was driving his kids and suddenly did a random pig snort sound. Over time the tics began manifesting themselves as physical head jerks and more verbal outbursts, until the point he's at now where it's really really bad (especially during the advice meeting for benefit claims). Sad to hear how it robbed him of his job and his wife. What a nightmare.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Brilliant programme had me laughing and crying they were both very intelligent and knew how to handle their Tourettes the scene with the lady from citizens advice was hilarious and even she was laughing about it, but the bit where the boy when little had me in tears he is a very brave man and has learned to cope with a very sad affliction.

why Oh why can't we see more documentaries like this thoroughly enjoyable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here