Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tour de blabla

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Why anyone needs to drive something like this in the middle of a city is beyond me. Cyclist or Pedestrian vs one of these, no competition.
Turn your volume down

"For getting me water when I was clearly shaken" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would have have him prosecuted for criminal damage.

Nothing wrong with the initial pass, but then the cyclist went out of his way to catch up the driver to have his 60 seconds of fame on camera and antagonised the driver provoking the reaction.
The driver did not need to be so close the second time nor did the cyclist need to touch the car.
But two wrongs don't make a right.

D

Deleted member 22389

"For getting me water when I was clearly shaken" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would have have him prosecuted for criminal damage.

Nothing wrong with the initial pass, but then the cyclist went out of his way to catch up the driver to have his 60 seconds of fame on camera and antagonised the driver provoking the reaction.
The driver did not need to be so close the second time nor did the cyclist need to touch the car.
But two wrongs don't make a right.

I have looked at the video again, and I agree the first pass wasn't too bad. The second pass was completely wrong by the driver.
Two things I do as a cyclist, I never cut in on the inside. I just know someone will edge over, or there will not be space to pass, your looking for trouble. When turning in to a road I will take the middle of the road and indicate with my arm.

D

Deleted member 22389

This incident has happened to me plenty of times on my bike. Driver should have sat back, let the cyclist go through. Stay behind. I find lots of drivers misjudge cyclists speed.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Range Rover is quite clearly trying to get past the cyclist and not get over into the path of the on coming red car.

Cyclist is clearly going some speed,i'd question the speed of the Range Rover in the first place.

Yes the Ranger Rover has passed too close in relation to the speed of all parties concerned.

There was no excuse for passing at that speed that close.

I am with the cyclist on this one.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Exact same thing happened to me, except the driver past as I was going through the island. Got nearly crushed between the curb and the car. Why do some drivers do this?

Should of been on the EMPTY pavement like the other cyclist.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cyclist wins again,Mercedes in wrong...

D

Deleted member 22389

Good cyclists like myself are getting a bad name because of bad cyclists. I'm glad this cyclist is pointing it out. Good on him. I hate it when cyclists jump red lights.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Nice bit of driving by the Vauxhall,however again in the wrong...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Cyclist in Red is a clear candidate for making himself road kill,all comes down to attitude,he is leaving himself open to becoming a statistic at some stage..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hamburg Cyclist is i am 100% sure going to kill or be killed,riding like a very poor car driver-again attitude...

D

Deleted member 22389

Cyclist in Red is a clear candidate for making himself road kill,all comes down to attitude,he is leaving himself open to becoming a statistic at some stage..

Idiot isn't he. Never jumped a red light. I have seen other cyclists do it. It makes me cringe.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Idiot isn't he. Never jumped a red light. I have seen other cyclists do it. It makes me cringe.

I have looked again at that video and i am just glad everybody had just finished using the Zebra crossing,i doubt the bloke would be stopping at that one either..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cycle path ends and restarts. Are you saying the cyclist should leave road at this point and then rejoin cycle path after the Island?

Yes, if he wants to live.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem with all of this is, for every video of dangerous/poor/selfish driver, there's a counter cyclist video.

By virtue of the fact there is a small minority dangerous/poor/selfish people who inhabit our roads (life).

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes, if he wants to live.

Why couldn't the driver wait behind the cyclist for a few seconds. The road is not wide enough at this point for a car and a cyclist.
It's the reason I nearly came off my bike. The wing mirror of the car that passed me was only a few inches from my handle bars. If the wing mirror had hit my handle bars I might have been under the car.

I went mad, the driver knew what he had done wrong but just pissed off.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why couldn't the driver wait behind the cyclist for a few seconds. The road is not wide enough at this point for a car and a cyclist.
It's the reason I nearly came off my bike. The wing mirror of the car that passed me was only a few inches from my handle bars. If the wing mirror had hit my handle bars I might have been under the car.

I went mad, the driver knew what he had done wrong but just pissed off.

I am very surprised to hear you say,especially as you are a cyclist,that the 1st pass of the Range Rover was " wasn't too bad".....The Range Rover has in this instance at least seen the red car coming towards him,and has had to pass so close,what margin for error is their if somebody opens a door in one of the parked cars on the reds side,forcing the red to take avoidance..

God forbid if the white van opens his door on the cyclists side..it happens....extremely little margins of safety here.

If the Range Rover cannot pass wide enough then he should be slowing down and read the road ahead,plenty of room coming up..

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
How anyone regards riding a bike as a sport amazes me, bunch of spandex morons.

If you want to ride a bike as sport I guess that's fine. No more stupid than riding a horse.

The morons are the people who turn out to watch folks riding by on bikes. What possible interest in that? Oh, there goes a guy on a bike. Oh there goes another, and another. And here comes another one. Why do they all dress so silly, mummy?

As a spectator sport, even if you are interested in bikes, it beggars belief. You have no idea who won, so what's the point of watching? You cannot marvel at their technique as they dash by in a couple of seconds, so what's the point of watching?

Kinda reminds me of my one visit to Henley. You stand on the river bank as boats go by. You have no idea what's going on, who's winning, does anyone win, does anyone care?

I challenge anyone to give me one good reason as to why it would even be worth going to the end of your street to watch it?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If you want to ride a bike as sport I guess that's fine. No more stupid than riding a horse.

The morons are the people who turn out to watch folks riding by on bikes. What possible interest in that? Oh, there goes a guy on a bike. Oh there goes another, and another. And here comes another one. Why do they all dress so silly, mummy?

As a spectator sport, even if you are interested in bikes, it beggars belief. You have no idea who won, so what's the point of watching? You cannot marvel at their technique as they dash by in a couple of seconds, so what's the point of watching?

Kinda reminds me of my one visit to Henley. You stand on the river bank as boats go by. You have no idea what's going on, who's winning, does anyone win, does anyone care?

I challenge anyone to give me one good reason as to why it would even be worth going to the end of your street to watch it?

To have a massive group hugging gang bang,all hot and sweaty in spandex pants and lycra of course....bikes are merely the excuse..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here