Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tour de blabla

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Actually a decent driver will allow for let's say a broken down car? A large vehicle straddling? an fallen tree? a tractor? a person? a line of waiting traffic? maybe an ambulance parked attending an 999 parked on the blind bend? or god forbid,a cyclist?

One of my biggest pet hate after cyclists not wearing hi visiblity clothing is dumb **** drivers that fly around bends

As I said when there's a path one foot away USE that and stop yourself going under a lorry.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Your mention of the non existent "road tax" gives it away.

You've never heard of road tax? Its what people that drive vehicles have to pay to keep their motor on the road, I thought you would of known that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You've never heard of road tax? Its what people that drive vehicles have to pay to keep their motor on the road, I thought you would of known that.

No, I've heard of vehicle excise licence though. It's a sort of tax that some people pay for their vehicles based upon the emissions they chuck out. Some cars are exempt from VEL requirements due to their extremely low emissions. I don't think they have to drive on the pavement though on the basis that they "don't pay road tax".

Is that what you meant?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
As I said when there's a path one foot away USE that and stop yourself going under a lorry.

Have you got your driver CPC card (bit like a driving licence)? defensive driving best practice? Safed (safe and fuel efficent driving) ??? Make allowances,there really is no excuse,......15 years hgv and no accident or blameworthy and proud...also no points or fines ever in 21 years driving...

Have i been lucky? maybe but some harsh lessons were learned when i was a young driver (a few car crashes and lucky to be here-some down to mechanical failure) and you could see the harsh breaking & speedo records on my Tacho,even i push it some times,but i do it with assurance,not anger...

Ah this old bollocks, so as a cyclist I don't pay "road tax" eh? So what's that little round disc in the corner of my car windscreen sitting on my drive on a car that does less than 2000 miles a year because I ride a bike.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Have you got your driver CPC card (bit like a driving licence)? defensive driving best practice? Safed (safe and fuel efficent driving) ??? Make allowances,there really is no excuse,......15 years hgv and no accident or blameworthy and proud...also no points or fines ever in 21 years driving...

Have i been lucky? maybe but some harsh lessons were learned when i was a young driver (a few car crashes and lucky to be here-some down to mechanical failure) and you could see the harsh breaking & speedo records on my Tacho,even i push it some times,but i do it with assurance,not anger...

Yes I have all of those

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes I have all of those

Apart from the make allowances?

If you drive for a profession you have no lack of skill or ability,the problem perhaps lays with attitude?

Most accidents are as a result of attitude,bad attitude..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No, I've heard of vehicle excise licence though. It's a sort of tax that some people pay for their vehicles based upon the emissions they chuck out. Some cars are exempt from VEL requirements due to their extremely low emissions. I don't think they have to drive on the pavement though on the basis that they "don't pay road tax".

Is that what you meant?

The vast majority of drivers pay tax, and those in vehicles that don't have to aren't exactly driving at 1mph holding up a row of motorists so you can't compare.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ah this old bollocks, so as a cyclist I don't pay "road tax" eh? So what's that little round disc in the corner of my car windscreen sitting on my drive on a car that does less than 2000 miles a year because I ride a bike.

I thought YOU'D pop up somewhere! That little disc is for your CAR, if you want to ride a bike on the road you should be made to pay another tax for it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The vast majority of drivers pay tax, and those in vehicles that don't have to aren't exactly driving at 1mph holding up a row of motorists so you can't compare.

Some cyclists are so fast i cannot overtake,they could (and the decent ones do) slow a little when they here my lorry,to let me pass......attitude again..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cycling has arrived into the mainstream.
It now has multiple p*** poor WUM fishing threads.

T'is a very proud day.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought YOU'D pop up somewhere! That little disc is for your CAR, if you want to ride a bike on the road you should be made to pay another tax for it.

Or forced and enforced by LAW to be wearing a hi vis vest...

Still i have no sympathy for cyclists that do not light themselves up like trees,its the bad attitude drivers that will make you road kill..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

T'is a very proud day.

Hello Stat Brother,been waiting for you to join proceedings

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I still do chuckle at the thread title--well done WD

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

T'is a very proud day.

Oh look its the king of spandex! Its actually scary how many people are into cycling nowadays YAWN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here