Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We all know about our stats and how they have served us in recent matches.

Sure, but when Mitoma scores a perfectly good goal that doesn't come down to a Potteresque 'well they couldn't convert their chances'. and likewise with all the penalty decisions. If the officials got the decisions right, we win the game. The stats can then simply backup that Spurs did not play well. They didn't. I've no idea what you're talking about. But then, to be fair, I don't think you do either.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I
I know. I saw.
Hence me saying that the officials cost us the match, rather than Spurs.
If you really think Spurs weren't the most negative, shit team we have played all season (bar maybe Villa) after that, I can only assume you are one of those that cheer on a 'big six' (obviously Spurs) side in the concourse pre-game at the Amex.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Sure, but when Mitoma scores a perfectly good goal that doesn't come down to a Potteresque 'well they couldn't convert their chances'. and likewise with all the penalty decisions. If the officials got the decisions right, we win the game. The stats can then simply backup that Spurs did not play well. They didn't. I've no idea what you're talking about. But then, to be fair, I don't think you do either.
Really?
I think it's quite clear from my post: We were the better team (as I said), I don't think Spurs played badly - in fact, they could/should have scored maybe more.....as should we.
We lost purely and simply on dubious decisions from the so-called officials.
(Also, no need to be rude, is there? " But then, to be fair, I don't think you do either." )
Hey ho,

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
If Michael Salisbury's house is set on fire this evening, you can take this as a preemptive confession.
So true Salisbury is the biggest see you next Tuesday going . Yes the ref was shit but only has one view . Salisbury should of sent him to the monitor at least 3 times

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
I think it's down to whatever result the third party (betting syndicate) that controls the PGMOL officials wants. Brighton were short odds to win today so big money could be made betting against a Brighton win and so Attwell and his VAR mate got their instructions.
Maybe explains the delay in the Mitoma goal, conferring with the syndicate before making the decision.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
*Sigh*... Nothing to do but for the team to improve their game so that no matter the degree of referee/VAR bias -- intended or unconscious -- towards the big clubs or the nefarious possibility of match-fixing, the result is never in doubt. We've been robbed a few times, this season, yes; but there have also been a few losses and draws attributable to lack of finish around the net. How often have we moaned about the lack of clinical finishing in the final third? De Zerbi was correct in his post-match comments that he doesn't want to ruffle any more feathers after the last three months, but prefers to concentrate on improving the team.

It's unfair to smaller clubs, but the situation's no different from that of women and minorities trying to break through the glass ceiling imposed by rich, white male-dominated and run institutions. Whatever they do, they must do twice as well to be thought half as good. :(

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really?
I think it's quite clear from my post: We were the better team (as I said), I don't think Spurs played badly - in fact, they could/should have scored maybe more.....as should we.
We lost purely and simply on dubious decisions from the so-called officials.
(Also, no need to be rude, is there? " But then, to be fair, I don't think you do either." )
Hey ho,
I'm not being that rude. And I am quite drunk.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I take back anything derogatory I might have said about Chris Sutton in the past. He’s dumbfounded by the refereeing decisions on 5Live before they’ve even taken a call.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can someone explain the AliMac handball?

I know it sound silly because it hit his arm. But his arms were tucked onto his body. If his arms were above his head it would have hit his body in the same spot, right? And gone in?
Yep. Any contact between the ball and the arm by the scorer of the goal means the goal can't stand. Because Mac was the last Brighton player to touch the ball he is the goal scorer, so because it touched his arm the goal can't stand. Regardless of where his arm is, regardless of intent, regardless of how close you were to the ball when it was played.

If his arm was in the air and it went in off his stomach, the goal would have stood.

The only complaint we can have about that goal being chalked off is the rule itself, not the ref/VAR's call.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here