Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I admire your acceptance of what are basically corrupt/incompetent decisions against the team you support
I'd say 'bad' decisions but not corrupt. As I said, I don't know about the first Mitoma one, so leave that to the experts. The MAC one is only being contested by those who don't know the rules. The stamp on Mitoma was a clear penalty.

So it may be that there was one bad VAR. But it's an issue as it altered the course of the match. But it's affecting every team (we don't discuss others on here much). No-one seems to be able to prove this alleged corruption. But a system not fit for purpose ? I think that has been proven.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'd say 'bad' decisions but not corrupt. As I said, I don't know about the first Mitoma one, so leave that to the experts. The MAC one is only being contested by those who don't know the rules. The stamp on Mitoma was a clear penalty.

So it may be that there was one bad VAR. But it's an issue as it altered the course of the match. But it's affecting every team (we don't discuss others on here much). No-one seems to be able to prove this alleged corruption. But a system not fit for purpose ? I think that has been proven.
But the thing is - if either, or both, of those decisions had gone our way - I don't think any Spurs fans would really have complained much.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd say 'bad' decisions but not corrupt. As I said, I don't know about the first Mitoma one, so leave that to the experts.

Goal was given. VAR ruled it out because it was sure the ball hit Mitoma's arm. But it didn't. So how can they be sure it hit his arm when it didn't ****ing hit his arm!!!

The MAC one is only being contested by those who don't know the rules.

No, the Mac one is contested by people who aren't totally sure it hit his arm. If it definitely did, fine. But that's not the worst decision.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But the thing is - if either, or both, of those decisions had gone our way - I don't think any Spurs fans would really have complained much.
The first one, maybe. But not the second one. It's not a grey area. A goal that is scored off the penalising area of the arm is automatic handball. I would have been fecking fuming if that wasn't chalked off.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Re-watching the highlights - the lino when flagging the Mitoma goal actually keeps patting the PL badge on his upper sleeve showing where it hit. ie: not handball according to the current rules.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Corruption is top trend on Twitter the top journo’s of football are all having a go. A brief look at our pen shouts and minutes ruling out our goals says it all.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The first one, maybe. But not the second one. It's not a grey area. A goal that is scored off the penalising area of the arm is automatic handball. I would have been fecking fuming if that wasn't chalked off.
prepare to be fuming when United beat us at wembley with a last minute goal scored in that fashion and allowed by VAR

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a travesty. I suppose you get big bucks for hanging on to a game by your finger nails, putting away your scraps and having a referee who plays to your tune.
A whole universe and everything in it, in 6 days, was a fair effort by god

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Both teams played well, today, but we were decidedly the better.
The only 'team' that embarrassed themselves were the officials.
It's that simple, and equally shocking.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
prepare to be fuming when United beat us at wembley with a last minute goal scored in that fashion and allowed by VAR
If that happens then I'll happily join the Corruption Crew

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Both teams played well, today, but we were decidedly the better.
The only 'team' that embarrassed themselves were the officials.
It's that simple, and equally shocking.
The officials were indeed the worst, by a mile (corrupt or incompetent) but no, Spurs did not play well.

Watch the game (again if necessary) and check the stats. Also, regarding the stats, remember to include the shot on target for Mitoma's goal and our penalty(ies).

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The officials were indeed the worst, by a mile (corrupt or incompetent) but no, Spurs did not play well.

Watch the game (again if necessary) and check the stats. Also, regarding the stats, remember to include the shot on target for Mitoma's goal and our penalty(ies).
We all know about our stats and how they have served us in recent matches. As I said (and stand by), Spurs were not poor, by any means, and yes. (as I said) we were better.
But yes, we were truly robbed by the officials, for some strange reason.
I wonder why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here