[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Peter Walton on the Mitoma stamp. 'It's a penalty kick, I can't defend it'

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The club likes to post dressing room footage on the socials when we’ve won.

If they did that today I imagine every single squad member would be LUZZING anything they could lay their hands on.

Top 4 was always going to be a stretch but it sort of feels like the powers that be stepped in today to ensure they’d be no upstarts crashing the rich kids’ party. I know that’s the paranoid ramblings of a bitter man but when have us supporter types ever been rational?

Where’s the wine?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I think they were “encouraged” to favour Tottenham for the benefit of the worldwide advertising syndication billions the top six provide, compared to when Burnley or Brighton threaten the cartel.
I think they are given instructions on certain games by an outside agency (betting syndicate) to influence the result in a certain direction. Brighton are in good form and short odds so there was big money to be made betting against a Brighton win.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi, speaking to MOTD: "We are very disappointed, very frustrated with the result. We have to be proud of this performance. We are not to forget we are Brighton. We deserved to win the game. We improved because we show our quality and our style of play.

On the VAR decisions that went against his team: "I don't want to put more pressure on the referees. I don't like to discuss them. There were a lot of situations very clear. You can take your opinion about this. My work is to give my players a clear idea of play."

On his arguments with Spurs interim boss Cristian Stellini: "I am used to always respecting everyone and I want the same to me."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think they are given instructions on certain games by an outside agency (betting syndicate) to influence the result in a certain direction. Brighton are in good form and short odds so there was big money to be made betting against a Brighton win.
I'd like to point out that I am not part of that syndicate, even though I took the odds. And no, it's not helping. I don't mind losing, but being completely cheated is too much to bear. Now I know how Andy Dufresne felt.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
B91EB8E5-5F02-4007-B08A-3AC57AC4DABD.jpeg

At least some of them agree with us

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
The club likes to post dressing room footage on the socials when we’ve won.

If they did that today I imagine every single squad member would be LUZZING anything they could lay their hands on.

Top 4 was always going to be a stretch but it sort of feels like the powers that be stepped in today to ensure they’d be no upstarts crashing the rich kids’ party. I know that’s the paranoid ramblings of a bitter man but when have us supporter types ever been rational?

Where’s the wine?
How I feel about top 4

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Does anyone know what RDZs disciplinary record was like with Shakhtar and Sassuolo? He obviously feels frustrated here and I would hate that to be a factor in how long he decides to stay with us.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I think looking at Twitter you even see fans of other clubs almost universally questioning the decisions made today instead of accusing BHAFC fans of sour grapes.

Very much of the view that the club should put a complaint to both the Premier League and PGMOL about the standard of refereeing within that match. The amount of points we've dropped at this point due to guff officiating is just totally unacceptable.
We should definitely do that. Otherwise, we're condoning it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
VAR checks both ways - if the ref gives one, it checks if it should be given, if the ref doesn't give one VAR checks to make sure it shouldn't. VAR is meant to stop obvious errors, not giving one is just as much an important error as giving one, so of course it will check both.
VAR tends to work on 'Umpire's Call' though. Had the ref given the Mitoma stamp it would have been passed. They would have been forced to review and prove otherwise. The problem is Attwell is unsighted so VAR needs clear evidence, On this occasion there is. So can't be explained.

I didn't see the earlier one with Mitoma. Matt Henry at the BBC reckons it hit his bicep. So that's handball. I'll leave it to the forensics.

The Mac one is clearly handball because it led to a goal. So all other considerations are void. VAR will always rule those out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
VAR tends to work on 'Umpire's Call' though. Had the ref given the Mitoma stamp it would have been passed. They would have been forced to review and prove otherwise. The problem is Attwell is unsighted so VAR needs clear evidence, On this occasion there is. So can't be explained.

I didn't see the earlier one with Mitoma. Matt Henry at the BBC reckons it hit his bicep. So that's handball. I'll leave it to the forensics.

The Mac one is clearly handball because it led to a goal. So all other considerations are void. VAR will always rule those out.
I admire your acceptance of what are basically corrupt/incompetent decisions against the team you support

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That games over - here's a new one:

First to hurl wins.

Cards on the table - I've got a head start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports