[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
There's big, big money involved behind the scenes for such blatant and obvious favouritism to occur.
Exactly! I've been saying it for ages. There is proven corruprion in cricket tennis and snooker. It's naive to think the EPL is immune when the betting markets are so massive. PGMOL officials have been bought and paid for by somebody, probably one or more betting syndicates.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Can see this blatant VAR and referee incompetence happening in the semi final V United. How many Brighton goals are they gonna rule out that day? 2, 3? Blatant penalties turned down, 2, 3? How many more goals than United will we have to score to win assuming VAR rules out at least 1 lol

Last edited:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
who cares? game should have been out of site by then
Yep.
Footage of Mitoma's goal shows the ball did not hit below his sleeve, so it looks like that should have stood.
Definitely: yet VAR spent 1-2 mins on that & 3 seconds on our 3 penalty shouts. I honestly thought the pull back on dunk was the most blatant. Atwell was looking right at it. Useless.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Exactly! I've been saying it for ages. There is proven corruprion in cricket tennis and snooker. It's naive to think the EPL is immune when the betting markets are so massive. PGMOL officials have been bought and paid for by somebody, probably one or more betting syndicates.
Complete bollocks

Some people are just bad losers.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
All 3 incidents, and even on TV neither Mitoma nor Ali Mac could be definitively seen to be handball, VAR took a punt and ruled out just in case.... they dont have a shred of evidence to support the 2 handball decisions ruled out, and the Penalty on Mitoma is a total howler.

If Howard Webb is serious, heads need to roll and such poor decisions and fatal mistakes, need to result in said officials being santioned and removed from PL.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Also, next time any of you 'England supporters' go giving it large, I will bring this game up, in addition to the numerous times he has cheated against us in the past. How long did Kane waste at the end with his diving? 5/6 minutes? And of course, none of it gets added on.

I genuinely hope someone breaks both his legs. Worse than Bruno Fernandes.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have never, despite serious provocation, come on here and complained about the officiating of our games before. Not even after Pervis’ disallowed goal at Palace.

I am also usually quite calm shortly after we have lost.

But that? That was disgusting, disgraceful, unforgivable. We have been completely mugged today, and the extent of the bias towards Spurs was so extreme that it seems questionable.

I am livid. Absolutely fuming. And I’m a calm person, honest.

Why f***ing bother?

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep.

Definitely: yet VAR spent 1-2 mins on that & 3 seconds on our 3 penalty shouts. I honestly thought the pull back on dunk was the most blatant. Atwell was looking right at it. Useless.
I think we had 4 penalty shouts. Mitoma and Dunk second half, 2 others first half.

Can anyone show that Mitoma's goal was handball?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Corrupt VAR and officiating. No one can be that bad.

Refs and var need to be held accountable and put into the spotlight.

After every game the ref & var teams need to be interviewed and questioned on the biggest calls, and to give their reasoning.

Too easy for them to play their own game with little to no accountability.
I agree and with electrodes attached to their t@sticles. If we dont like the answer we turn the knob.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm past refs and VAR being seriously incompetent. This is clear corruption.
After the final whistle today I find I can only whole-heartedly agree with you.
But what can be done?

The first goal was top of the arm / shoulder, so possibly contentious - but the nudge in the back that forced Mitoma to be in that position - so penalty, no?.
The second hit Ali Mac with his arms tight into body, what I believe the experts call "in a natural position" - let those go, but not us!
And the step on Mitoma's foot for a foul in the box was just a disgrace that the ref wasn't even asked to take a look on the monitor.
Even the biased 2nd commentator called it.
Beggars belief is the only way I can articulate my current state of outrage!

How can these ridiculous errors be resolved?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think we had 4 penalty shouts. Mitoma and Dunk second half, 2 others first half.

Can anyone show that Mitoma's goal was handball?
i can't, but I can tell you it wouldn't have even been a question of 'handball' if Romero hadn't shoved him into it. That fucker could've had 5 yellows today.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also, next time any of you 'England supporters' go giving it large, I will bring this game up, in addition to the numerous times he has cheated against us in the past. How long did Kane waste at the end with his diving? 5/6 minutes?

If at the end of that game you're placing the blame on Kane, I think you've completely missed the point. Even on your example of time wasting, it's the officials who should have added time on for that.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yes, I can't remember a game like that. Two goals ruled out for handballs off the shoulder, when recent penalty decisions ruled 'not handball' have been because of 'the T shirt line'. Then two penalty shouts dismissed in seconds by the VAR noddy.

I have to say though, for those on here who hate VAR, they should be happy with our two penalty shouts denied, because the on-field ref missed them, and VAR operated as it should - less than a 20 second check and 'you're OK, mate'. This is how 'everyone' wants VAR to operate, apparently - fast and wrong, or not at all.

You may blame the VAR operative for our disallowed goals (that was unforgivable egregious error in my view) but you can't blame VAR for the penalty shouts not given. Unless you want VAR to ponder lovingly over every quibble for 2-3 minutes.

I'm as pissed off as anyone but huge amounts of having, eating, regurgitating, burying in peat, digging up and having again, a cake about VAR this afternoon.

No doubt some referee nob will be along next week to apologize. Again.

Anyway, we gave away two goals, let's not forget.
Agreed we gave away 2 goals but there was so much wrong in the decisions against us.
On a positive note,when were we ever pissed off about losing away to Spurs?
We outplayed them all game.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I’m raging about the decisions and officiating but leaving that aside more importantly on the performance front going forward concerning Mac looked very tired and sloppy in possession. Sollys has gone off the boil and Veltman defensively a bit suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports