[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bit of a dive there from March
I thought he was fouled, but outside the box. If he wasn't, why on earth did he go down, when he was outside the box and heading for goal?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'm not happy, but I won't let it ruin my weekend.

This is the first time that I think there may be something bigger going on behind the scenes.

I have read on many forums, Mainly the Big 6, that there is corruption in play but always laughed at them.

I thought it was incompetence, but I'm starting to think different.
Agree with all this, Dave - I'm away on holiday and will put my energy into enjoying that. Listened to JC and Warren and words are really failing me re: the match. Couldn't get a stream working and pleased for that in hindsight.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I've got enough alcohol in the cupboard to kill a herd of horses, but I don't think it'll be enough to calm me down. I am really quite angry.

I'm not happy, but I won't let it ruin my weekend.

This is the first time that I think there may be something bigger going on behind the scenes.

I have read on many forums, Mainly the Big 6, that there is corruption in play but always laughed at them.

I thought it was incompetence, but I'm starting to think different.
No-one, yes no-one is that incompetent, .

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yes, I can't remember a game like that. Two goals ruled out for handballs off the shoulder, when recent penalty decisions ruled 'not handball' have been because of 'the T shirt line'. Then two penalty shouts dismissed in seconds by the VAR noddy.

I have to say though, for those on here who hate VAR, they should be happy with our two penalty shouts denied, because the on-field ref missed them, and VAR operated as it should - less than a 20 second check and 'you're OK, mate'. This is how 'everyone' wants VAR to operate, apparently - fast and wrong, or not at all.

You may blame the VAR operative for our disallowed goals (that was unforgivable egregious error in my view) but you can't blame VAR for the penalty shouts not given. Unless you want VAR to ponder lovingly over every quibble for 2-3 minutes.

I'm as pissed off as anyone but huge amounts of having, eating, regurgitating, burying in peat, digging up and having again, a cake about VAR this afternoon.

No doubt some referee nob will be along next week to apologize. Again.

Anyway, we gave away two goals, let's not forget.
Yes, we 'gave away' two (well taken goals), but that actually fades into insignificance when compared to what we should have rightly had.
It's a total sham - or worse.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Footage of Mitoma's goal shows the ball did not hit below his sleeve, so it looks like that should have stood.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
You never thought the premier league was rigged? Do you remember the Man U penalty awarded after the players were in the showers?
:) They were on the bus home. I think this is still the only time this has happened. That said - I think a VAR check after the final whistle iresulting in a pen is within the rules.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Knowing they are ruining....destroying the beautiful game, how those officials can live with themselves beggars belief.
Would you be in the least surprised if the VAR official received a very large bribe?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well, that’s the most angry I’ve felt since the infamous Man Utd ‘after the final whistle penalty’ travesty.

A travesty of a result, suspicious really isn’t the word. It’s an absolute joke.

Ridiculous decisions… a truly horrible, horrible afternoon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
VAR is corrupt, fact and end of

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be so f***ing stupid. Sorry, but it is down to two referees - one on the pitch and one with a camera with a replay function. Several cameras in fact

VAR is not some sort of antikythera mechanism.

VAR is used as a term to cover both the technology and the officials using it. When reports say 'penalty given by VAR' (for example), that is what they are referring to - both the technology and officials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports