[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
A f***ing sham of a match. We've had a few like this but nothing on the level shown today. The officials are officially corrupt - there is no other explanation, as incompetence doesn't result in the decisions today.
I have no problem if we lose, but for fucks sake don't gift 'big' teams the points.
Never seen anything like it, in over 50 years of watching us.
f*** them all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Livid. Just plain furious.

Going to make some dinner to try and simmer down. Will return to this site when the red mist has receded.
I've got enough alcohol in the cupboard to kill a herd of horses, but I don't think it'll be enough to calm me down. I am really quite angry.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I’ll admit I’m struggling after that one. 4 penalties and 3 clear goals. Lenient on the cards can’t complain about as much. But utter joke. Imagine that the other way round and a big 6 side being hard done by? Have to imagine it as don’t think ever happened yet we see it over and over again for years.

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
1) handpall penalty - min 6 - camera cut away just as they were going to show the replay
2) Mitoma 'goal' - VAR should have give penalty for the push on Mitoma that caused him to handle ball or goal
3) Welbeck goal - fair enough
4) Mitoma penalty - WTAF?

So - is VAR biased?

other stuff - normal ref bias

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
PGMOL will definitely be writing us a letter. Absolutely no consolation but that was so blatant, so many obvious errors that they can't not..be interesting to see how the club respond.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do we? We don't usually see cheating like this.
Yes, I can't remember a game like that. Two goals ruled out for handballs off the shoulder, when recent penalty decisions ruled 'not handball' have been because of 'the T shirt line'. Then two penalty shouts dismissed in seconds by the VAR noddy.

I have to say though, for those on here who hate VAR, they should be happy with our two penalty shouts denied, because the on-field ref missed them, and VAR operated as it should - less than a 20 second check and 'you're OK, mate'. This is how 'everyone' wants VAR to operate, apparently - fast and wrong, or not at all.

You may blame the VAR operative for our disallowed goals (that was unforgivable egregious error in my view) but you can't blame VAR for the penalty shouts not given. Unless you want VAR to ponder lovingly over every quibble for 2-3 minutes.

I'm as pissed off as anyone but huge amounts of having, eating, regurgitating, burying in peat, digging up and having again, a cake about VAR this afternoon.

No doubt some referee nob will be along next week to apologize. Again.

Anyway, we gave away two goals, let's not forget.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I’m not entirely sure on what I’ve just seen, going to go for a walk..

Never thought the PL was rigged, but i guess I was wrong.

disappointing.
You never thought the premier league was rigged? Do you remember the Man U penalty awarded after the players were in the showers?

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Is it pro big clubs? or anti-Brighton?
I refer of course to the obvious onside goal that was disallowed.
I was looking forward to the semi-final but I suspect we will be playing the officials again then too as we have been most of this season

Saddest of all is that Spun*s probably think they deserved to win

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not happy, but I won't let it ruin my weekend.

This is the first time that I think there may be something bigger going on behind the scenes.

I have read on many forums, Mainly the Big 6, that there is corruption in play but always laughed at them.

I thought it was incompetence, but I'm starting to think different.
If so it was managed by the VAR official. Four critical decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports