Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Happy with that first half - got to say I'm confused as to what the handball rule is now, should of sent the ref to the monitor!

Caicedo looks leggy, might be worth De Zerbi freshening up the midfield.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Frustrating first half.

We're by far the better team - it's attack versus defence.

A world class goal from Son, although other keepers might have got a touch to it.

We've had some good efforts on goal - forced a couple of top drawer saves from Loris - including one off the post.

Too many dodgy calls from the ref. Too much protection for Spurs and not enough for us. The Mitoma goal being ruled out was probably the correct decision though.

Really hope they win this. It's winnable. They do have the potential to sting on the counter though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It becomes more blatant every week as there is no pushback from the EPL or the FA. Their offshore bank accounts must be bulging.
Yes, every referee and VAR official is biased against us. It's the reason why we are as low as 6th.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Except the lino flagged - so they go with the onfield decision.
He had cracking eyes to give that non handball 50 yards away. Sure he’d have been waving that flag if that was Kane at the other end 🙄

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'll be gutted if we lose this. Apart from their front three who are admittedly very good Spurs are shit.

It's probably been mentioned earlier but what is RDZ's issue with the Spurs bench? Is it Italy based or something to do from the home match against them?

Also, am I the only one that thinks Skips face/head looks a bit like an Easter Island statue?

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Let's see if I can summarize that first half.

lot's of niggling fouls after the ball's been played with very little picked up by the ref. A penalty shout that wasn't even looked at (was it?), a great goal from Son where there may have been a foul in the build up. A disallowed goal because the ball touched the premier league logo indicating that's someone's arm and not their shoulder (and that was after the player, through on goal, was shoved in the back making the contact further down his limb).

An open game that's there for either team. Spurs are dirty (or am I being very biased?) Still a lot of doubt over these "honest mistakes" from VAR

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Outside of some shocking decisions from the ref, we've played well. Gotta watch for those counterattacks. Spurs look dangerous on the break.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Obvious thing to say at Half Time 1-1 perhaps but this could so easily go either way.

We’re dominating but committing a lot forward and they can be dangerous on the break.

Ferguson on to nick it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Let's see if I can summarize that first half.

lot's of niggling fouls after the ball's been played with very little picked up by the ref. A penalty shout that wasn't even looked at (was it?), a great goal from Son where there may have been a foul in the build up. A disallowed goal because the ball touched the premier league logo indicating that's someone's arm and not their shoulder (and that was after the player, through on goal, was shoved in the back making the contact further down his limb).

An open game that's there for either team. Spurs are dirty (or am I being very biased?) Still a lot of doubt over these "honest mistakes" from VAR
You missed out Dunky's header!!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Just got to be weary of the counter, it's all they've got.

We score a goal that VAR can't look at, and we'll be fine.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
A world class goal from Son, although other keepers might have got a touch to it.
Not sure about that. Only way a keeper is getting to that is by starting further towards the far post, therefore leaving a big hole at the front post.

Sometimes just have to accept when an opposition player scores a very good goal, don't think we could do much about it.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Looks of finger pointing at their bench.

I’m guessing he’s not a fan of the “one day he will manage the top 6” RDZ view will be how dare you I am already
Love the guy. Tells it like it is. Probably said to Stellini 'I saw the brown paper envelope and Ill be waiting for you outside after the game;'

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
3 classic VAR big 6 ‘decisions’…

If the rule is short sleeve you won’t see a worse VAR decision than that - if one of our blokes had an fully outstretched arm and diverted the ball it would just be 100% given as stonewall - not sure on the third but looked a foul on Caicedo before Son scored - doubt it was checked and tbf only saw it once.

Either way, fantastic performance and the better team. Only issue is they have 3 world class players up front. Should be winning by 2.
I think it's the right decision to disallow and you can see a slight movement from Mitoma to meet the ball. However, this ' short sleeve ' rule is very fuzzy and at the very least ref should have gone to the monitor. Typically had that been one of the ' big clubs ' I reckon there would have been a fair chance of it being given

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here