Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I agree but both 1st choice central defenders being out had something to do with that

If there's one game you think should suit Shane Duffy it's Burnley in the rain.

Villa wasn't great either, they did a tactical job on us the way we did on Spurs (though ours, yesterday, was better in both planning and execution) and, I'm sorry, 31 shots in a game may be great but getting only 4 of those on target, including putting a penalty in the away fans really isn't "good".

But, for me, having players available and up to speed is the key to carrying off the tactical battle, but mostly in midfield. Mwepu and Caciedo have the energy and pace to carry that off. Without them we're very pedestrian with the ball. Here's hoping both stay fit as they look mustard together.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This.
As JJ said we kept it up the whole game and didn't give them a sniff. JJ is always very complimentary of us when we play well. Good pundit, much better than Shearer, Jug Ears, Danny Mills, Crooks and a load of others.

Conte's post match interview was interesting, he couldn't really point out what they'd done wrong to start with.

Yes, good spot. I wonder if the fact that he couldn't pinpoint what they'd done wrong was a) avoid talking about his own mistakes, b) he didn't know the answer, c) he didn't have a plan B, or d) he realised he couldn't do anything about it.

I'm biased, and my heart tells me it is option d), but the fact that nothing really changed after half-time, with JJ saying we kept it up the whole game, indicates that might actually be the case.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Yes, good spot. I wonder if the fact that he couldn't pinpoint what they'd done wrong was a) avoid talking about his own mistakes, b) he didn't know the answer, c) he didn't have a plan B, or d) he realised he couldn't do anything about it.

I'm biased, and my heart tells me it is option d), but the fact that nothing really changed after half-time, with JJ saying we kept it up the whole game, indicates that might actually be the case.

I might suggest a), b), c), and, in fact, d). We stuffed them. Good enough for me.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
[tweet]1515600700763426822[/tweet]
The elbow on Cucu was horrible and deliberate.
Mwepu kicked someone who came unsighted from behind him and bent down into the ball.
One was a red card offence and the other was a free kick and no more.
Pawson bottled the red card for the first, but got the second spot on. If Pawson had given a red card for the elbow, it wouldn't have been overturned, but as he gave a yellow, VAR presumably didn't think it was clear and obvious, as the elbow was into the chest, not head

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FQjh-58XwAw8218.jpeg
(Stolen from Twitter)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

The postmatch interviewer knew exactly what we did because, if I remember correctly, he asked Potter or Dunk about it. We flooded the midfield, pressed high and hard and cut off the supply to Steptoe and Son.

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Perhaps I'm overstating it (and feel free to correct me), but I think something important has happened this weekend. The win at Arsenal wasn't a fluke. We've done it again.
Two away wins at Arsenal and Spurs are unlikely to be a coincidence. We deserved to win both games.

I think we've come of age....

(Sorry, I've had a drink. Normal service will be resumed at Man City on Wednesday).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Yep. I'm thinking it's option d) too :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here