Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I struggle to think of a poster that I am more politically opposed to than Mouldy, yet when he posts this about the team I could not agree more. Absolutely spot on and you echo my opinion of the current team. That is the beauty of this site there is room for us all and we all support the team. Great performance, great result, this is a good day and we should all enjoy it.

PPF, Bakerl.

Mouldy’s tame by comparison.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
He noted it after the Arsenal game, too.

Potter in the post match interview on BT sport mentioning Welbeck being selfless, playing his part off the bench and not complaining (today and v Arsenal). Might just be praise for Danny, but could also be directed at Maupay, too.
Exactly what I thought.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Thought you played really well and thoroughly deserved the win, annoyingly.

Spurs looked bewildered at your approach and you totally nullified their play, leaving them to play aimless balls forward which you comfortably mopped up. Spot on tactics by Potter, he got it bang on.

D

Deleted member 2719

What nonsense?

Can you show me a recent "Potter Out" post I made? I was, and remain, unimpressed with his home record and no one in their right mind would argue six defeats in seven with one goal is good. I give him full credit for turning that around though. If you're going to give him a hard time when we're losing it's only fair to credit him when we win.

What I'm not having is that coaches only influence about 5% of the result unless they're Sean Dyche in which case it's more like 20% or Potter when we win in which case it's suddenly jumped to 60%. Either coaches carry the can for results good and bad or they don't. :shrug:

I am not going to search your post matey, I just found it hard to believe anyone would be as critical as you were and a few other long term Albion fans.
You have clearly seen what qualities Potter brings to the Albion and I applaud you for that.
Although we had a dodgy run, I never felt we were miles off cracking a result like the last two.

So please your on side now #mouldylovesguinness

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Thought you played really well and thoroughly deserved the win, annoyingly.

Spurs looked bewildered at your approach and you totally nullified their play, leaving them to play aimless balls forward which you comfortably mopped up. Spot on tactics by Potter, he got it bang on.

He just has to work out how to beat your gang now!

D

Deleted member 2719

I struggle to think of a poster that I am more politically opposed to than Mouldy, yet when he posts this about the team I could not agree more. Absolutely spot on and you echo my opinion of the current team. That is the beauty of this site there is room for us all and we all support the team. Great performance, great result, this is a good day and we should all enjoy it.

Well thank you kind sir.
I may not be as politically distanced from you Mr Hot chilli as you may think. I am way nearer the centre than some may have you believe.

Your spot on too with the 'there is room for us all' statement.:cheery::cheery::cheery:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am not going to search your post matey, I just found it hard to believe anyone would be as critical as you were and a few other long term Albion fans.
You have clearly seen what qualities Potter brings to the Albion and I applaud you for that.
Although we had a dodgy run, I never felt we were miles off cracking a result like the last two.

You could be talking about the beer :lolol:

*handshake*

Look, I think Potter is here to stay unless he feels he has to leave. Today he played the perfect game. But I did turn round to my son after the game and utter the true fact that the game today is the first time I've seen us win since September.

There's a double edged sword in play here. To get me fully on board we simply have to win games like this at home again. The vast majority of our fans do not go away. And yet, the second he does that he'll probably get poached by a big team. And our noise today from the away end was far better than the home atmosphere so that helps (Boy and I were talking after the game of doing more aways next season but I'm also interested on how any home pass on will work).

And he does need to be backed. I don't really want to hear "happy with my attacking options" again at the end of the next window when it's clear to anyone he isn't, nor do I want to see Shane Duffy trying to play like Laporte.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You could be talking about the beer :lolol:

*handshake*

Look, I think Potter is here to stay unless he feels he has to leave. Today he played the perfect game. But I did turn round to my son after the game and utter the true fact that the game today is the first time I've seen us win since September.

There's a double edged sword in play here. To get me fully on board we simply have to win games like this at home again. The vast majority of our fans do not go away. And yet, the second he does that he'll probably get poached by a big team. And our noise today from the away end was far better than the home atmosphere so that helps (Boy and I were talking after the game of doing more aways next season but I'm also interested on how any home pass on will work).

And he does need to be backed. I don't really want to hear "happy with my attacking options" again at the end of the next window when it's clear to anyone he isn't, nor do I want to see Shane Duffy trying to play like Laporte.

I’m sure getting you fully on board will be on the agenda at the end of season board meeting. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

We're allowed to say 'feck me that was shite' when it's been really really shite.
In exactly the same way we're allowed to marvel at such cracking results.

Imagine where this team would be if it could score a goal against Norwich!

All of the polls suggest, irrespective how bad it's been, the overarching feeling has been were virtually all #TeamGPott.
A fact that seems to trouble TeamGPott more than anybody else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No negative shit at all. Great day and a coach's win. Plus I got to say hello to [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]

:thumbsup:

A brilliant day. The only negative is my expansive forehead is looking very pink at the moment.

dolphin123

May 12, 2009
Our glorious manger will manage England one day !! Will be a sad day when he does leave the club but I won’t be to disappointed when Nathan Jones is appointed as are next Manager. Plays great football and LOVES the club obviously got soccer skills to ( if you no you no )

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
And so it came to pass at 11.30 that we did put out a startling team that looked utterly bonkers.

The only thing is, it wasn’t. Tactical master stroke today. Fair play to GPott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i must admit seeing that midfield of Mewpu , Biss and Cass my immediate thought was "here we go" fantastic 3 points and my phone appears to be only taking messages from utd and leicester lads today and a token cardiff.......there's a bloke over here who has declared himself the official leader of the spurs supporters club and he organised a night at the local tavern to" watch spurs nail down the final champions league spot" one thing that some of these "bigger" teams' supporters don't have is a bit of humility ...:rolleyes::lolol:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
What was the relevance of the Trossard post goal 'binoculars' message?... anybody know?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here