Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

total money spent on transfer fee's by DK

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The point is that we don't need to spend loads... low transfer fees, free transfers and/or loans should do it... however, we have lost players in this close season... either by choice or otherwise... we need at least one striker, a left-winger, and goalie cover (assuming Big Dave walks)... this is really not an unreasonable expectation...

Dear Board and Sir Stevie - We really fcuked it up last close season... please learn from last year's mistakes... twice would be unforgivable...

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I think they have learnt. Coppell is a very experienced manager and knows how these things works, knows what he wants and where he needs to strengthen. He's obviously happy with the budget DK gave him otherwise he wouldn't have signed! He's not going to go blarring out who he's after since he wants to play that close to his chest so as not to alert other clubs to those players he's after. The lack of a player budget means he has to do this otherwise some other club could possibly nick them from under his nose.

He' secured Rodger on a new contract, presume Blackwell will follow and that gives us a strong team for div 2. He's identified that he needs a striker, possibly a left winger i agree and a back up goalkeeper, but that position could always be filled with someone on loan if its ever needed. No need to waste precious wage funds on a 2nd goalie if he wont be needed and a loan would suffice.

Just gotta keep the faith.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
dunno said:
I thought Pitcher was £55,000 - maybe it was depedent upon appearances!!

That was bollocks.

It was nearer to 25k

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
who is Holsgrove

I must have been washing my hair that day, but who the hell was Holsgrove and how did we get £110K for him?

...also, I'd say that was a pretty good return. Most clubs dream of spending 350K and getting 2 championships...

...oh yeah, I forgot everyone here lives in dreamland don't they.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: who is Holsgrove

Hamilton said:
I must have been washing my hair that day, but who the hell was Holsgrove and how did we get £110K for him?

...also, I'd say that was a pretty good return. Most clubs dream of spending 350K and getting 2 championships...

...oh yeah, I forgot everyone here lives in dreamland don't they.
Horton signed him from Stoke(?). Hobs signed him about a week later for £11ok.

Dicktator Knight

Jul 7, 2003
now i shall assume we are talking new players for the forthcoming seaosn you all wanna see how much ive spent ok, hang on in there while i get the calculater,now thats nothing add nothing add nothing, well we've spent nothing well not yey but we will be selling our prize asset, Bobby soon so that should generate a bit of money for the Manager. I should of course off-loaded him last seaosn or before when we couldve got a few million but now well there's bills to be paid on the drawings for the new stadium so i may just have to let him go for about 750,000, ok?

I thought that this thread was worth a bounch as having just been reading the thread about GP being our best manager etc. It was good to have a look at where we've come from and what we've had. So have a look at the transfer fees etc. We have come such a long way and may it continue!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I thought that this thread was worth a bounch as having just been reading the thread about GP being our best manager etc. It was good to have a look at where we've come from and what we've had. So have a look at the transfer fees etc. We have come such a long way and may it continue!!
To be fair many of us knew dick could not take us any further and it came as no surprise that bloom bailed him out.:D

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
since he took over in 1997, the club have spent a total of £350,000 on bringing in new players, and recouped a total of £115,000(all from 1 player..lol)

??? how do you work that out, what about the sale of Zamora to Spurs?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some of you forgot

Losses running the club since 1997 £2 million

Falmer application £2.4 million

Oldham (in our division remember) are losing £50,000 a week. Want to join them?

You talk sense.
The last time I viewed the Albion accounts, £7m of losses had been bank rolled personally by Knight, Fatboy, & others.
Other than Fatboy, for the others were NOT mega-rich.
Would any of you do that, with zero guarantee of return (No TB in the pipeline or planning permission)?

And the £7m was spent on planning experts, barristers etc ... fighting the enemies of Falmer,
buying land of the likes of Bton Univ
and subsidising players and promotions, that otherwise we would never have had, based on tiny crowds income.
Sales of Barry, Virgo & Zamora also subsidised survival & promotions.

Conclusion:
Well done to the old owners for fighting the old Board crooks, pumping in at risk your cash, fighting and winning Falmer, and giving us those promotions against financial odds.
Same to the amazing TB for delivering, in totally different circumstances, a great stadium, manager, squad & future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some of you forgot

Losses running the club since 1997 £2 million

Falmer application £2.4 million
This.

How much did the potless fuckwits here give the club for no return?
And who was offering to spend more on the club than Dick Knight - which rich boy was saying 'step aside Dick, I've got cash to spend'?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

How much did the potless fuckwits here give the club for no return?
And who was offering to spend more on the club than Dick Knight - which rich boy was saying 'step aside Dick, I've got cash to spend'?

Exactly.
No one stepped forward with hard cash until planning was definate.

Save the slagging off to the Bedson-Sizen and Archer-Stanley regimes, that took the club to the edge of the Abyss.

Knight and many others (some who stayed in the background) are heroes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here