[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mad that in that scenario a group of about 100 Labour MPs could split off and become the opposition by some margin while still not making that big a dent in Starmer's majority
A majority that big isn’t healthy………sitting government need to be kept honest, unfortunately the Tories don’t know the meaning of the word anyway :down:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone else think this was a publicity stunt? After all, loveable Boris has never shirked away from acting the fool before.
Nope.

I believe he really is that much of a moron. Where do people get this idea that he did it on purpose? The man is a fat useless populist cretin who arrogantly behaves like the rules don't apply to him.

He brought in a law that curtails civil liberties and fixes an issue that didn't exist, purely to restrict the Labour vote. Is it any surprise that the idiot turns up to vote and thought "Oh I forgot my ID. Nevermind, they know who I am"?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Anyone else think this was a publicity stunt? After all, loveable Boris has never shirked away from acting the fool before.
Why on Earth would he want guaranteed media exposure at a time that many Tories will be thinking about a change of leader?
Hmmmm...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Get your point and agree entirely with the sentiment, but other people are allowed to and do have different views. No doubt at least this % of NSC users will vote Tory at the GE. This is the danger of echo chambers and this thread is a pretty big one where everyone is competing to be more anti Tory than the next and no one would dare/bother to express an alternative view!
Absolutely - To be honest, it was just a post of what was in my head, (like most of mine!), it wasn't a judgement on anyone, just an observation.

Reactions: abc

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nope.

I believe he really is that much of a moron. Where do people get this idea that he did it on purpose? The man is a fat useless populist cretin who arrogantly behaves like the rules don't apply to him.

He brought in a law that curtails civil liberties and fixes an issue that didn't exist, purely to restrict the Labour vote. Is it any surprise that the idiot turns up to vote and thought "Oh I forgot my ID. Nevermind, they know who I am"?
Again and again he thinks normal rules don't apply to him.

The positive from this is he has help publicise to bring Voter ID. We're stuck with it for now, still incredible the legislation was allowed to pass in its current form

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Tories went into the local elections with 21 of the seats on the council, and Labour holding the other 12. All seats were up for election. The Tories now have 17 seats, and Labour 16.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why on Earth would he want guaranteed media exposure at a time that many Tories will be thinking about a change of leader?
Hmmmm...
As I posted a couple of days ago, he would love to be parachuted back in as tory leader, as would 90% of their membership, 60% of their MPs and 30% of the electorate.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As I posted a couple of days ago, he would love to be parachuted back in as tory leader, as would 90% of their membership, 60% of their MPs and 30% of the electorate.
What would be REALLY funny is if he pulled off a coup, so ended up in a safe seat and back as leader...
Cue a sizeable bump in polling numbers compared to Rishi Rich (say 20% better), taking the Tories' haul up to a whopping 40 seats and still beaten into 3rd by the LibDems...

Poor old work shy, power and attention-hungry Boris finds himself with a proper job to do and he's not even leader of the official opposition.

(He'd just resign rather than face years on the periphery wouldn't he, but at least that would be the end of the mendacious waster's career in politics)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Again and again he thinks normal rules don't apply to him.

The positive from this is he has help publicise to bring Voter ID. We're stuck with it for now, still incredible the legislation was allowed to pass in its current form
He has a bit of previous as far as not following the rules that he himself has announced....

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I know that Lib Dems tend to do better locally than in general elections, but it will be interesting to see what seats they can take off the Tories in the Southeast come the general election.

There are certainly a lot of traditional Tories in Sussex who would find the Lib Dems much more palatable than Reform as a protest vote. Mid Sussex, Horsham and Chichester also all returned LD largest party in the most recent local elections, in Lewes and Eastbourne the LDs always compete.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, without a shadow of a doubt. He's probably lurking and working up to a leadership challenge as we speak.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nope.

For me, it's his previous 'off-the-cuff' stuff that is actually carefully planned/stage managed.

The ruffling of his hair before he goes on stage/screen
The whole 'rocking up late to an after-dinner engagement and seeming unprepared' and then trotting out the same old routine
An 'impromptu' round of teas for waiting journalists when he was (I think) sacked as home sec
The outlandish running gear that either grabs attention or takes it away from something awful
Saying his hobby was paining buses so it would rank higher on search engines than the whole '£350m for the NHS after Brexit' that was on the side of a bus.

And that's just five examples...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just heard Sunak blathering on about how many good things he is doing for the country....apparently his " softening " of the ruled on reducing carbon emissions are going too "Save working families 5,10 or 15 Thousand Pounds "... can't wait to get the benefit of that little windfall !... Johnsonesque whopper there !

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nothing surprises me about the London electorate and the result may be quite close. I had more nuanced thoughts over the last few days.

I'm not predicting it, but a Conservative Mayor in readiness for a Labour Government is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Low turnout and the new voting system may not work well for Sadiq.

Who knows ? voting behaviour can be quite surprising up here.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I know that Lib Dems tend to do better locally than in general elections, but it will be interesting to see what seats they can take off the Tories in the Southeast come the general election.

There are certainly a lot of traditional Tories in Sussex who would find the Lib Dems much more palatable than Reform as a protest vote. Mid Sussex, Horsham and Chichester also all returned LD largest party in the most recent local elections, in Lewes and Eastbourne the LDs always compete.
Labour and Lib Dem’s neck and neck with the Tories in the new Mid Sussex constituency according to some polls. Certainly won’t be a walkover for the Tories but a good chance the anti Tory vote will split the opposition and allow the shocking Kristy Adams in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports