Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thunderbolt,
You seem to see things in black and white.
Of course you can be who you are, but why do you take everything so literally and seriously? My harmless remark was just that.
Is it only me who seems to get your goat? Whatever I post, however light-hearted, you appear to come back and almost look for an argument, which frankly, I am not interested in.
Put me on ignore then.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Put me on ignore then.
Good heavens, you do come over as rather aggressive towards me and I don’t really know why. I am a tolerant soul who, I hope, hasn’t made too many enemies on NSC.
I have no-one on ignore and I intend to keep it that way. Perhaps you should put me on ignore instead.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good heavens, you do come over as rather aggressive towards me and I don’t really know why. I am a tolerant soul who, I hope, hasn’t made too many enemies on NSC.
I have no-one on ignore and I intend to keep it that way. Perhaps you should put me on ignore instead.

You did claim that anyone posting your view on NSC would get you 'shunned for life' so you can't really be surprised you got a reaction. Not from me of course :angel:

I would take more issue with this bit

Bodian,
You can’t put stuff up like that on NSC, you’ll be shunned for life!
I still reckon Rishi is no party leader and is certainly not at his best dealing with the ‘riff-raff’, but then again, that probably goes for quite a few politicians. To me, he is a backroom ‘technician’ rather than a man of the people.

Would you REALLY trust him to change a plug in your house or the oil in you car ? :lolol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You did claim that anyone posting your view on NSC would get you 'shunned for life' so you can't really be surprised you got a reaction. Not from me of course :angel:

I would take more issue with this bit

Would you REALLY trust him to change a plug in your house or the oil in you car ? :lolol:
The difference being is that you and I and most other posters can usually differentiate between serious remarks and others, that are less so, unless, of course, it doesn’t suit them to do so.
As for Rishi, you may well be right!😀

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The difference being is that you and I and most other posters can usually differentiate between serious remarks and others, that are less so, unless, of course, it doesn’t suit them to do so.
As for Rishi, you may well be right!😀

I can understand why some people get angry, but I think you and me are just shallow and always look for the one-liner. At least it's Fridat :wink:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can understand why some people get angry, but I think you and me are just shallow and always look for the one-liner. At least it's Fridat :wink:
Some people are easily angered and it is not a nice trait.
Shallow or not, at 75 I am old enough, and I hope wise enough, to understand not to take things said on an anonymous football forum too seriously or at least not always at face value. Without giving it much thought, numerous examples come to mind, especially on the political threads.
I do like a one liner and am not into the heavy political thing, I leave that to those who are.
Yup,it’s Friday, but no booze for me, I’m trying to shed a few pounds, so I’m just watching the telly!
Have one for me!😀🥃

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
At least seven big policies have been changed that have put a chasm between the EU and the UK on environmental regulation. These include:

• EU-derived air pollution laws that will be removed under the retained EU law bill.
  • Dozens of chemicals banned in the EU are still available for use in the UK.
  • Thirty-six pesticides banned in the EU have not been outlawed in the UK.
  • The UK is falling behind on reducing carbon emissions as the EU implements carbon pricing.
  • The EU is compensating those who are struggling to afford the costs of the green transition, while the UK is not.
  • The EU is implementing stricter regulations on battery recycling, while the UK is not.
  • Deforestation is being removed from the EU supply chain, while the UK’s proposed scheme is more lax and does not come in until a year later.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing to see here.
Just our Prime minister laughing in the face of the women who told him, he could improve the NHS.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson has backed Donald Trump ahead of November’s US presidential election, saying his return to the White House could be “just what the world needs”.

In his weekly Daily Mail column, the former prime minister argued that if Trump backs Ukraine in its war against Russia, his renewed leadership “can be a big win for the world”.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Boris Johnson has backed Donald Trump ahead of November’s US presidential election, saying his return to the White House could be “just what the world needs”.

In his weekly Daily Mail column, the former prime minister argued that if Trump backs Ukraine in its war against Russia, his renewed leadership “can be a big win for the world”.
Whereas Zelenskyy is frightened of Trump’s rhetoric.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Has anyone just seen some Johnson wannabe from some economic w@nk tank defending the proposed lifting of the earnings cap on child benefit and paying for it by reducing the number of people claiming disability benefits?!

He was asked who this move might benefit and happily confirmed that it would be the highest earners.

He was also happy to say openly that there are too many people claiming disability benefits.

At least when Kenny Everett ‘hilariously’ threw his support behind Thatcher he only wanted to kick Michael Foots walking sticks away!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Has anyone just seen some Johnson wannabe from some economic w@nk tank defending the proposed lifting of the earnings cap on child benefit and paying for it by reducing the number of people claiming disability benefits?!

He was asked who this move might benefit and happily confirmed that it would be the highest earners.

He was also happy to say openly that there are too many people claiming disability benefits.

At least when Kenny Everett ‘hilariously’ threw his support behind Thatcher he only wanted to kick Michael Foots walking sticks away!
The Child Benefit Tax is probably the most "unfair" Tax there is. Two families on the same household income of £60000 and if they both have three children, one family gets a £6 grand Tax bill, and the other pays no additional tax just because one family has one high earner and the other one has two middle income earners. The person on £60k is already paying more tax overall than the two on £30k in the other house together before the Child Benefit Tax.

Strangely, it was actually introduced by the Tories (Osborne) in the first place

It should be abolished, but the solution isn't to make the poor pay for it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ministers could be at risk of fuelling a fresh house-price bubble, according to industry experts who have warned about a potential “99% mortgages” scheme for first-time buyers that would appeal to young voters before the next election.

The scheme, which is reportedly being considered by the prime minister, Rishi Sunak, and the chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, before the spring budget on 6 March, would only require borrowers to put down a 1% deposit towards their first home.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Moggy referred this as an act of self harm, they've delayed it 5 times. But there's no escape the Tory Brexit needs to be properly implemented.

More food inflation, its the will of the people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here