Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Rats deserting the sinking ship. He'll be ok with his ministerial pension of £90K for life.

Any Tory MP with a small to medium majority is now having to decide. Stand down and slink off to NED's writing articles and after dinner speaking or stand and be humiliated on election night as you're seat turns red for the first time in a century.

Many are reading the runes.

The upcoming by election may concentrate minds further

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just had another 'buying money' investment at 2/9 as I feel any by-elections may well shorten the Lab maj odds even further.

Screenshot_20240206-124624~2.png

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just had another 'buying money' investment at 2/9 as I feel any by-elections may well shorten the Lab maj odds even further.

View attachment 174991
Can see the Tories closing the gap as the election gets closer, so much of the UK media is pro-Tory, infiltrated with weak regulation, plus the electoral system has also been compromised by gerrymandering, voter suppression and removal of campaign spending caps.

If Labour get in strengthening democracy must be a priority

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Liz Truss is back with the new “Popular Conservatives.”

Maybe she should head hunt her popular ex exchequer….

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

View attachment 174991
Tories at 9/1 to win a majority makes me happy.

The bookies are rarely THAT wrong, so I am starting to let myself believe that we will finally be rid of the self-serving bastards.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Tories at 9/1 to win a majority makes me happy.

The bookies are rarely THAT wrong, so I am starting to let myself believe that we will finally be rid of the self-serving bastards.
It's a done deal, I think folk are just trying to cash-in and run for cover before the financial do-dos really hits the fan in a few years time.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's a done deal, I think folk are just trying to cash-in and run for cover before the financial do-dos really hits the fan in a few years time.
I know, right?

We've been incredibly lucky to have had such brilliant economic stewardship in the last 14 years. Those pesky commies have a tough act to follow.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Can see the Tories closing the gap as the election gets closer, so much of the UK media is pro-Tory, infiltrated with weak regulation, plus the electoral system has also been compromised by gerrymandering, voter suppression and removal of campaign spending caps.

If Labour get in strengthening democracy must be a priority
A good example being the Reform party and Richard Tice being constantly platformed on the BBC, LBC and everywhere else, supposedly as the "Tory alternative" despite representive about 2% of the electorate, you never see the Green party, Lib Dems etc even though they are credible parties who actually have sitting MPs.

It's all about trying to drag politics as far right as possible rather than balance

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A good example being the Reform party and Richard Tice being constantly platformed on the BBC, LBC and everywhere else, supposedly as the "Tory alternative" despite representive about 2% of the electorate, you never see the Green party, Lib Dems etc even though they are credible parties who actually have sitting MPs.

It's all about trying to drag politics as far right as possible rather than balance
Somehow Griffins hapless appearance in the late noughties on BBC QT opened the door to the far right.

By 2019 he Farage had appeared a staggering 33 times on the programme, in years running up to the 2016 referendum there was pro-Europe MEPs on were absent.

With Robbie Gibb (former Tory Comms Director) as chair of Beeb and various other Tory moles employed, expect things to continue in a similar vein.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Liz Truss is back with the new “Popular Conservatives.”

Maybe she should head hunt her popular ex exchequer….
She herself is the least popular of all the living ex-PMs according to basically every poll on the subject, so it’s already Trades Descriptions Act worthy

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
She herself is the least popular of all the living ex-PMs according to basically every poll on the subject, so it’s already Trades Descriptions Act worthy
As well as being one of the best examples of an oxymoron there is!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Rishi Sunak has been accused of personally holding up a deal to end doctors’ strikes in England despite warnings from the health department and NHS England that waiting lists will continue to soar unless the industrial dispute is resolved.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ouch....

"Council tax in Birmingham is likely to increase by up to 10% after the government allowed the local authority to bypass the national cap without the need for a local referendum.

Gove also gave the green light for councils in Thurrock, Woking and Slough – all of which have issued section 114 notices in recent months signalling they are unable to fulfil their legal duty to balance the books – to increase their council tax rates by up to 10%."

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ouch....

"Council tax in Birmingham is likely to increase by up to 10% after the government allowed the local authority to bypass the national cap without the need for a local referendum.

Gove also gave the green light for councils in Thurrock, Woking and Slough – all of which have issued section 114 notices in recent months signalling they are unable to fulfil their legal duty to balance the books – to increase their council tax rates by up to 10%."

When a council goes bust, is there an independent review on what money has been spent where?

Or is it just a group shrug of shoulders

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
When a council goes bust, is there an independent review on what money has been spent where?

Or is it just a group shrug of shoulders
"Birmingham council is facing huge bills to settle equal pay claims brought by employees and sort out problems with a big IT upgrade, as well as dealing with increased pressure on homelessness services and social care.

It has also lost £1bn in government funding over the past decade, Cotton said."

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do worry about our friend @Is it PotG? From the shocked emojis above, he seems to be confused when the posts above point out that this cabal are currently doing exactly what he voted them into power to do :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here