[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think Labour HAVE to attack Sunak personally, otherwise there is a danger some voters will conclude Rishi is a lot better and more stable than Boris / Liz Truss / Theresa May and deserves another 4 years to sort out their mess.
Sunak is better than Johnson or Truss. But its a bit like saying I'd rather catch typhoid than malaria...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think Labour HAVE to attack Sunak personally, otherwise there is a danger some voters will conclude Rishi is a lot better and more stable than Boris / Liz Truss / Theresa May and deserves another 4 years to sort out their mess.
shouldn't they want convince voters on the basis of their policies? novel maybe, i'd like to see them try.

personality politics is really just saying you dont have much to offer. i expect a lot of that from the Tories next election.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The prime minister is facing questions after it emerged that a childcare agency part-owned by his wife Akshata Murty would benefit from policy changes in the budget.

The prime minister did not mention his wife’s interest when speaking about the childcare reforms at a parliamentary committee last month – despite being asked if he had anything to declare.
The actual interview. He was given several chances to declare his interests, and bottled it.
There are only six child care agencies getting this extra bonus.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sunak is better than Johnson or Truss. But its a bit like saying I'd rather catch typhoid than malaria...
Indeed. And - frustratingly - many voters will put up with his brand of Tory shit because they know their place, he isn't Liz Truss and "it's better the devil you know".

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The prime minister is facing questions after it emerged that a childcare agency part-owned by his wife Akshata Murty would benefit from policy changes in the budget.

The prime minister did not mention his wife’s interest when speaking about the childcare reforms at a parliamentary committee last month – despite being asked if he had anything to declare.
It really does not matter, whatever the lies or abuses of power of these Tory's, they always get away with it or change the rules post event, corrupt to the core and yet still " running " the country. It's sickening.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes but make sure it's Sunak's bollocks you're kicking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps because Sunak doesn't want to prosecute the abusers?

*runs away laughing and admires lit touchpaper from a distance*
No smoke without fire ???

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Then attack the actual problems with him, not the old “paedo” shit. It’s lowest common denominator.

Funnily enough, I was all in for Starmer prior to this, but after personally defending this campaign I’m having my first doubts.

All he has to do is be quiet and play a solid, safe election campaign closer to the election.
And I think a lot of people who are on the fence or teetering over the edge will be concerned with this extremely low blow. So many other legitimate areas to attack where people want change.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The actual interview. He was given several chances to declare his interests, and bottled it.
There are only six child care agencies getting this extra bonus.

I suspect these were exactly the kind of 'skills' that persuaded Johnson to think he was a great prospect when he appointed him to the second most powerful post in his Brexit cabal Government. An absolutely meteoric rise for Rishi, one of the quickest in British political history, less than 5 years after he entered parliament as a new MP ???

Maybe I should be clear that Johnson's ideas of the skills required for high office may be very different to anyone who has any sort of moral compass whatsoever :shrug:

I think the proper conservative party are still a long way from getting their party back :(

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And I think a lot of people who are on the fence or teetering over the edge will be concerned with this extremely low blow. So many other legitimate areas to attack where people want change.
If you’re “on the fence” or “teetering” after three Prime Ministers, countless Chancellors, a PM with fixed penalty notices, Brexit chaos, 10% inflation, 5% mortgage rates, dog whistle racism, two failed and possibly illegal immigration policies and more sleaze scandals than a badly run bordello then I suspect you’d only actually vote Labour with a gun to your head

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you’re “on the fence” or “teetering” after three Prime Ministers, countless Chancellors, a PM with fixed penalty notices, Brexit chaos, 10% inflation, 5% mortgage rates, dog whistle racism, two failed and possibly illegal immigration policies and more sleaze scandals than a badly run bordello then I suspect you’d only actually vote Labour with a gun to your head
Nice, comical and accurate.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah, pointing out fallibility of the opposition isn’t going to go down well here, but we need a Labour government. My concern is looking at what the swing voters will do. Believe it or not there are a lot of people in the middle who will actually vote for what is best for them, whether it’s either main party.

Not a great idea to focus on the opposition right now, wait for the next inevitable f*** up from the incompetent Tories then attack.

It’s just a bit disappointing, but hopefully a one off from Labour.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah, pointing out fallibility of the opposition isn’t going to go down well here, but we need a Labour government. My concern is looking at what the swing voters will do. Believe it or not there are a lot of people in the middle who will actually vote for what is best for them, whether it’s either main party.

Not a great idea to focus on the opposition right now, wait for the next inevitable f*** up from the incompetent Tories then attack.

Agree.

First rule of marketing; never mention the competition. Just don’t even give any of your air-time over to their name. Tell us what you can do, not what the other guys can’t do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh dear, a Labour vote is wasted where I live. Please don’t bring your gun.

Seriously, vote tactically to remove the Tory, which may be Labour, Lib Dem or Green.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Indeed.

They should be disappointed with that one.

Just some PR moron trying something out ... I hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports