Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The trouble is

every time you think they can’t possibly sink any lower

they do!!

and yet STILL some people defend the Government and believe the lies

WHEN WILL THE UK ELECTORATE WAKE UP?!!!
I am a Tory voter, but I truly believe that there should be a General Election asap as the present shower are unfit for office and require 10 years in opposition to regather and sort themselves out. I will not be voting for them at the next GE.
I am appalled by the likes of Zahawi and am staggered that he still holds office.
I am sure that there are many, like me, who hold moderate views, that are equally appalled.
Unlike some of the views expressed on here, not all those who don’t conform to the general NSC view of the world of politics are unspeakable morons.
P.S. I didn’t vote for Brexit, just in case anyone is in any doubt.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've just been listening to PMQs and heard Starmer ask a question about Zahawi's tax situation to which Sunak replied 'but what about Jeremy Corbyn'. In the words of David Coleman, 'quite remarkable' :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I've just been listening to PMQs and heard Starmer ask a question about Zahawi's tax situation to which Sunak replied 'but what about Jeremy Corbyn' :lolol:
The head of the SNP in Westminister asked the same and Sunak started going on about relief on heating bills and the minimum wage. Like Johnson all over again evading questions with pre-prep'd answers

When is the speaker going to show some backbone?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The head of the SNP in Westminister asked the same and Sunak started going on about relief on heating bills and the minimum wage. Like Johnson all over again evading questions with pre-prep'd answers

This isn't a new phenomenon. PM's and indeed ministers have always avoided answering questions they don't want to answer. The speaker cannot intervene but dodging a question is an answer in itself.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

The Speaker has no backbone. He is an absolute shocker of a Speaker. Dear ol' Betty would never have let slippery Sunak avoid answering just about every question he has been asked.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This isn't a new phenomenon. PM's and indeed ministers have always avoided answering questions they don't want to answer. The speaker cannot intervene but dodging a question is an answer in itself.
I appreciate politicans of all parties invade questions to some extent, but veering off onto a completely unrelated subject is not acceptable. Johnson set a new low in this area, usually ending with an attempt to pose a question to the opposition. Unchallenged Sunak is now doing the same, its a joke....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I appreciate politicans of all parties invade questions to some extent, but veering off onto a completely unrelated subject is not acceptable. Johnson set a new low in this area, usually ending with an attempt to pose a question to the opposition. Unchallenged Sunak is now doing the same, its a joke....
Almost as if he has spent the whole of what is now nearly 8 years in politics learning from Johnson :lolol:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I am a Tory voter, but I truly believe that there should be a General Election asap as the present shower are unfit for office and require 10 years in opposition to regather and sort themselves out. I will not be voting for them at the next GE.
I am appalled by the likes of Zahawi and am staggered that he still holds office.
I am sure that there are many, like me, who hold moderate views, that are equally appalled.
Unlike some of the views expressed on here, not all those who don’t conform to the general NSC view of the world of politics are unspeakable morons.
Good for you sir 👍👍👍

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Dominic Raab is facing a much broader bullying investigation than originally anticipated with at least 24 civil servants involved in formal complaints against him, the Guardian understands.

Government insiders believe the depth of the inquiry and severity of some of the claims means the deputy prime minister will struggle to survive in post, and throws further doubt on Rishi Sunak’s judgment for having him in such a senior position.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great post.

I don't think the present Government are Tories in the way I understood it when I grew up, the Republicans in the US have the same issue and are effectively a two wing party. Say what you like about Maggie, there were at least some solid policies declared and they were financial rather than cultural or social.

I had the same issue with Labour. I've mostly been centre-left in my outlook and there was no way I could support Corbyn, although I voted for Kyle in Hove as an individual, a selfless constituency MP with a modicum of sense.

We somehow need to get back to a position where understanding nuance and talking to one another isn't a bad thing or "hypocrisy" but actually leads to better governance. I'm not holding my breath, because if that sort of attitude became prevalent the likes of Murdoch and Zuckerberg might lose a few quid.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Great post.

I don't think the present Government are Tories in the way I understood it when I grew up, the Republicans in the US have the same issue and are effectively a two wing party. Say what you like about Maggie, there were at least some solid policies declared and they were financial rather than cultural or social.

I had the same issue with Labour. I've mostly been centre-left in my outlook and there was no way I could support Corbyn, although I voted for Kyle in Hove as an individual, a selfless constituency MP with a modicum of sense.

We somehow need to get back to a position where understanding nuance and talking to one another isn't a bad thing or "hypocrisy" but actually leads to better governance. I'm not holding my breath, because if that sort of attitude became prevalent the likes of Murdoch and Zuckerberg might lose a few quid.
Thatcher understood the ' engine room ' of this country.....Small and medium sized businesses. She understood the need for entrepeneurial spirit and wealth creation. This lot only think corporate. They don't get it.
Our politicians are less and less experienced in the ways of the world. They lack commercial maturity. I had respect in the past for politicians of all shade and hue. John Smith, Tony Benn, David Penhaligon, Michael Foot, Hugh Gaitskill, Margaret Thatcher etc. I have absolutely no respect for anybody today. They have no gravitas, no strong sense of purpose, no real leadership, no inspiration. No real effort to curb spending. No real effort to control the size of the state. No real help for millions of smaller businesses. No real effort to address social housing. No real effort to unravel the overburdening middle management problem in the NHS. Too much emphasis on zero emissions and not enough time spent on discussing all energy options and alternatives. And so on and so on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

In my opinion, if you want to know why Boris Johnson is so vocally and financially supportive of Ukraine it’s to cover up and deflect just how much he and his cronies have been in bed with the Russians. Likely it’s also to buy some sympathy if it ever rises to the surface.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
* I say “financially”. He’s spending other people’s money, of course. It’s what he does best.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

In my opinion, if you want to know why Boris Johnson is so vocally and financially supportive of Ukraine it’s to cover up and deflect just how much he and his cronies have been in bed with the Russians. Likely it’s also to buy some sympathy if it ever rises to the surface.
Cue Lord Hampton (no you can't have Moscow people might ask questions) of Siberia

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There was a chap called Tony Saggers, who worked for the National Crime Agency, on 5Live this morning.

His view was that many of the children (and also some he said who are not children at all, but pretend to be) who arrive from Albania are human-trafficked to the UK by organised criminal gangs under the guise of seeking asylum, where they are then picked up and put to work in various criminal activities.

He suggested that they don't go missing at all, in the conventional sense, as they were earmarked to be picked up all along, and they should be returned to Albania as they will be safer there than here where they are exploited.

Having just typed that, I've just found him on twitter, where he posted a thread on this topic yesterday:

Horrible stuff.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here