Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
After a 4000 word essay with Barclay print publication.

Now Truss we has a gruelling interview on Barclay's Spectator TV, she doesn't hide from anyone. Such a brave lady..
Hiding in shame is exactly what she should be doing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Supposedly a Cabinet reshuffle tomorrow.
“I think these deckchairs need to be differently positioned”

- Edward Smith, captain of the RMS Titanic

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It’s maddening. I am genuinely very, very concerned for our future. It’s obvious the Tory’s wish to effectively wipe out all but the wealthy in this country.

When I semi retire at 50, I shall be taking my Irish passport and myself out of the U.K.

It’s a dying country.
It does feel that way. I'm already retired and only have a British passport 🤷‍♂️. It seems this is the latest step to appease the extreme Brexiteers in the party?? Shirley business is damaged enough by Brexit (to focus on only one aspect of this...). Nothing much the population can do in the short term, but I hope there's sufficient expose in some of the press for people to remember at the next election.
I shall waste 20 minutes of my day writing to my MP (Gray, Nth Wiltshire) about it, and await his patronising reply supporting the party line.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It does feel that way. I'm already retired and only have a British passport 🤷‍♂️. It seems this is the latest step to appease the extreme Brexiteers in the party?? Shirley business is damaged enough by Brexit (to focus on only one aspect of this...). Nothing much the population can do in the short term, but I hope there's sufficient expose in some of the press for people to remember at the next election.
I shall waste 20 minutes of my day writing to my MP (Gray, Nth Wiltshire) about it, and await his patronising reply supporting the party line.
Very much the same. My daughter is applying to extend her visa in Australia and much as I would love her to come back, as a Father I really can't put put together any case for her to. Myself and Mrs Wz have a couple of very elderly relatives we are responsible for, but if they're not here, I can't see anything keeping us in the UK. I really never thought I would feel this way about the country where I was born and bought up.

It's come to the point for me where a British passport may well be my biggest problem, though not insurmountable :down:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Chairman of BBC says he never gave Johnson financial advice.

Despite the giving of such advice being mentioned in a Cabinet Office memo.

You can never tell who is telling the truth anymore......

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Very much the same. My daughter is applying to extend her visa in Australia and much as I would love her to come back, as a Father I really can't put put together any case for her to. Myself and Mrs Wz have a couple of very elderly relatives we are responsible for, but if they're not here, I can't see anything keeping us in the UK. I really never thought I would feel this way about the country where I was born and bought up.

It's come to the point for me where a British passport may well be my biggest problem, though not insurmountable :down:
I was backpacking in Australia when the coalition took charge in the UK. Vowed I wouldn't live permanently in the UK until the Tories lost control of the government. Haven't been back for more than 9 months at a time since (maybe about 2 years cumulative). Was fortunate to have someone sponsor me to remain in Canada, mind you. Without tempting fate, can't see myself ever living in the UK again.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I was backpacking in Australia when the coalition took charge in the UK. Vowed I wouldn't live permanently in the UK until the Tories lost control of the government. Haven't been back for more than 9 months at a time since (maybe about 2 years cumulative). Was fortunate to have someone sponsor me to remain in Canada, mind you. Without tempting fate, can't see myself ever living in the UK again.
This shower will be booted out in a couple of years. Though the damage they've inflicted will take 10 years or more to repair.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I dread this with my own kids in a few years, these days its a richer country than the UK with better prospects and higher wages.

Truss brags about her trade deal with AU/NZ but they are going to absolutely raid our country of skills. Nurses and doctors are leaving in their droves already and they won't return.

The Tories know its hard to recover from their place in the polls, so they in scorched earth mode consumed with ideology with their main objective being to make it as hard as possible for Labour to rebuild the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here