Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm sure the Tories will somehow contrive to blame this on Labour, Starmer or 'the Woke' - "Our poor Raab is the victim of a spiteful Leftie witch-hunt. They're dragging British politics into the gutter 'cos they hate their country."

Lefty lawyer Adam Tolley KC, who's made his fortune in the woke world of employment law ....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Clearly don't know the Ins and Outs, but his 2017 majority was 23,298 which shrunk in 2019 to 2,743 (the night Boris got his clear mandate)

I would imagine the Constituency Party are already composing yet another resignation letter.
Esher and Walton was formed in 1997, and it's returned Conservative MPs ever since, Raab from 2010. It was formed by combining Esher and Chertsey & Walton, and you have to go back until 1906 when one of those component parts didn't return a Conservative MP.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I'm sure the Tories will somehow contrive to blame this on Labour, Starmer or 'the Woke' - "Our poor Raab is the victim of a spiteful Leftie witch-hunt. They're dragging British politics into the gutter 'cos they hate their country."
or the anti-growth coalition? or China?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The "victim of a plot by unionised officials" no less

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Another objectionable narcissist bites the dust, to be replaced by another...

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, we don’t get...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sent to me this afternoon by someone who worked with him

Just then there was the sound of a front door being kicked in. Moments later a sweaty Raab forced his way into the prime minister’s office. He stood in front of Sunak’s desk, his mouth opening and closing without saying anything. He then ripped off his jacket and shirt to expose his glistening pecs. He dropped into 100 one-arm press-ups before punching a hole in the wall. Only then could he bring himself to speak.

“Who the f***ing f*** is calling me a bully?” said Psycho.

Sunak tried not to look too intimidated. Amazing how quickly he switched from Dennis the Menace to his natural Cuthbert Cringeworthy. “Er. No one,” Rish! stammered anxiously. “I mean, not me, for certain. Well, not yet anyway. Possibly never. Though everyone you’ve ever worked with seems to have a different view.”

Psycho climbed on to the desk and stared down at the prime minister. “Do I look like a bully? Do I? How lucky do you feel, punk?”

“Oh very … Um, a little … Not much … And you definitely don’t look anything like a bully. Just my cuddly old mucker, Dom. But we do have a problem …”

“You’re the one with problems sunshine,” yelled Psycho. With that, he grabbed Sunak by the hair and dragged him to the toilets. Shoving his head down the bowl and flushing repeatedly. “I’ll show you what bullying really looks like.”

“Gosh, yes.” said Sunak. “My hair did need a wash.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know quite what came over me,” Raab mumbled apologetically. “I’m not normally like this.”

“Yes you are,” observed more than two dozen civil servants. “That’s the point.”

“Anyway,” said Rish! “Back to the problem … The problem is that one civil servant claims you hacked her puppy to death with a machete …”

“It wasn’t a machete. It was a zombie knife that I’d confiscated from a drug dealer …”

“Leave Michael Gove out of it …”

“And I did everyone a favour. The dog wouldn’t stop yapping. Plus it was just a bit of fun. People get squeamish at the sight of blood in the office these days.”

“Mmm.”

“Well, I tell you one thing. I’m not going to resign. You and I both know that I’ve done nothing. Don’t we, sonny? So don’t even think of trying to sack me. Suella and the Tory right wing will never let you forget it if you do. You’ll never take me alive.”

Psycho picked up his shirt and strode out of the room. Rish! leant back in his chair and started sobbing. He didn’t have a clue what to do. He wanted to clear Dom. But he knew it would make him look shit. The public had long-since identified Raab as a wrong ’un and knew he was bang to rights.

So Sunak did what he always did when confused. Nothing. Maybe he’d feel braver tomorrow.

From here https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rishi-sunak-dear-friend-dominic-raab-so-wrong

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So Raab and Patel have both been found to use bullying in the work place.

Presumably, given the low bar for bullying to be determined, the rest of the Government will also be accused and found to be bullies soon...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've worked with people like that and not surprising he has given everyone a lecture on bullying on the way out.

They usually do.

Everyone knows what you are Dominic even if you are the last to work it out.
I’ve underperformed and got too comfortable and benefitted hugely from a bollocking. You need to respect your manager for that approach to work and you need to know your staff.This isn’t that. This is him being a massive **** who seemingly nobody liked and good riddance to him I say.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sent to me this afternoon by someone who worked with him

Just then there was the sound of a front door being kicked in. Moments later a sweaty Raab forced his way into the prime minister’s office. He stood in front of Sunak’s desk, his mouth opening and closing without saying anything. He then ripped off his jacket and shirt to expose his glistening pecs. He dropped into 100 one-arm press-ups before punching a hole in the wall. Only then could he bring himself to speak.

“Who the f***ing f*** is calling me a bully?” said Psycho.

Sunak tried not to look too intimidated. Amazing how quickly he switched from Dennis the Menace to his natural Cuthbert Cringeworthy. “Er. No one,” Rish! stammered anxiously. “I mean, not me, for certain. Well, not yet anyway. Possibly never. Though everyone you’ve ever worked with seems to have a different view.”

Psycho climbed on to the desk and stared down at the prime minister. “Do I look like a bully? Do I? How lucky do you feel, punk?”

“Oh very … Um, a little … Not much … And you definitely don’t look anything like a bully. Just my cuddly old mucker, Dom. But we do have a problem …”

“You’re the one with problems sunshine,” yelled Psycho. With that, he grabbed Sunak by the hair and dragged him to the toilets. Shoving his head down the bowl and flushing repeatedly. “I’ll show you what bullying really looks like.”

“Gosh, yes.” said Sunak. “My hair did need a wash.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know quite what came over me,” Raab mumbled apologetically. “I’m not normally like this.”

“Yes you are,” observed more than two dozen civil servants. “That’s the point.”

“Anyway,” said Rish! “Back to the problem … The problem is that one civil servant claims you hacked her puppy to death with a machete …”

“It wasn’t a machete. It was a zombie knife that I’d confiscated from a drug dealer …”

“Leave Michael Gove out of it …”

“And I did everyone a favour. The dog wouldn’t stop yapping. Plus it was just a bit of fun. People get squeamish at the sight of blood in the office these days.”

“Mmm.”

“Well, I tell you one thing. I’m not going to resign. You and I both know that I’ve done nothing. Don’t we, sonny? So don’t even think of trying to sack me. Suella and the Tory right wing will never let you forget it if you do. You’ll never take me alive.”

Psycho picked up his shirt and strode out of the room. Rish! leant back in his chair and started sobbing. He didn’t have a clue what to do. He wanted to clear Dom. But he knew it would make him look shit. The public had long-since identified Raab as a wrong ’un and knew he was bang to rights.

So Sunak did what he always did when confused. Nothing. Maybe he’d feel braver tomorrow.

From here https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rishi-sunak-dear-friend-dominic-raab-so-wrong
Great story.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Seems a bit weak from Sunak. By allowing him to resign instead of firing him it's Raab 'doing the right thing' while Sunak avoided responsibility, and showed an inability to hold his stafff to a standard of decency.
I'm not so sure. I believe protocol requires a resignation to spare your PM from having to sack. That Patel and Johnson pissed on that tells you all you need to know about them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve been found guilty of bullying so I suggest we redefine the definition of bullying so I’m no longer guilty of it.

Haven’t we seen this tactic before? Every time a Tory gets caught they don’t apologise and modify their behaviour, they seek to redefine the law/moral compass.

It never ends.

Using empathetic language, coax the lot of them into a ditch.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I’ve underperformed and got too comfortable and benefitted hugely from a bollocking. You need to respect your manager for that approach to work and you need to know your staff.This isn’t that. This is him being a massive **** who seemingly nobody liked and good riddance to him I say.

There really isn't the need to give someone a "bollocking" unless they have endangered life.

The reality is with people like Raab is they aren't actually very good at their job themselves. It only takes limited research to discover that it is him that has serially underperformed, rather than his civil servants.

So how was he in his job ?

People like Raab are usually the product of their seniors who require an attack dog so they don't have to do the dirty work themselves and be seen to upset people.

Those sort of people strive to be loved (Johnson a case in point and I suspect Sunak is the same) so it's very useful to have someone who actually gets off on people disliking them. They also tend to very loyal, another bonus for their emotionally challenged manager but when they inevitably f*** up, it makes the getting rid of them usually very strung out.

I've met a number of serial bullies in my time, every single one the product of their weak needy manager.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here